Frequent Contributor

I could have swore that in the beginning my laser would keep a charge longer. I am using program three. Now it will only hold a charge for above two days. I also charged it with the new unit they sent. I am trying to determine if the laser is dying. {#emotions_dlg.ohmy} Is this time frame normal?

Thanks.

Super Contributor

I put mine in the charger after each use (the Tria rep told me to do that). From what I can remember on the Tria threads, though, about two days w/o charging sounds about right.

Call Tria Customer Service -- they can let you know.

Trusted Contributor

When I had my Tria, I used it on level 3 all the time and it would only last a little more than one use. I kept it on the charger all the time. I sent it back because I couldn't see that it was doing anything and it was a replacement also. Too many problems with the Tria and I hope they come out with another new and improved device.

Frequent Contributor

Thanks for your replies. I will leave it on the charger when not in use. Next week I will call Tria's customers service.

I have had my Tria facial laser since March 2014.  It will not hold a charge beyond 3 minutes.  Is it dying?  Can the battery be replaced?  I had no idea this would be a temporary device.

Trusted Contributor

I don't think the battery can be replaced.   That is another reason why I sent mine back.   I thought that after a certain amount of time, the unit would stop working,  but not a short time as yours.   I would call customer service.     This Tria I thought was similar to the Palovia.   My Palovia has stopped working and you can not get a replacement battery. 

Respected Contributor

I have used my Tria Laser faithfully twice a month since purchasing it in February of 2014.  It works and I am very loyal to the process.  I even make sure it goes into my iphone calendar with reminders.

I charge it up each and every time I use it afterwards.  What I had issues with, is that it stopped working even though it was charged each and every time I used it (every two weeks).  In reading the manual from the "trouble shooting" section, I found that the top area or screen was dirty from a buildup of the cooling gel that I used liberally before each use.  It would work for a couple of zaps and then fizzle out on my face.  I used a clean, wet washcloth to get the film off and it worked as good as new.  When I had this issue, I though I had exhausted the number of uses in it's lifetime, but it is still going strong after 37 bi-monthly uses!

When it does finally stop working, I will buy another one.  It is a great value over salon laser sessions!

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: Tria Facial Laser ?

[ Edited ]

I purchased my Tria at the end of April.  It would only hold a charge for about three days.  I always kept mine on the charging cradle when not in use.  I recently returned it before the three month deadline as I had trouble from the beginning with it staying on when I would zap my forehead.  Sometimes it would work and other times it would turn off and on.  Not sure if it really worked, but kept at it for three months and used it every day except four days.  What really did work was the Palovia, but mine died, too.  I would purchased that again in a hot minute.