Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Tria Age-Defying Laser for less than $200

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

@SilleeMee , what is the protocol for use?  I'm thinking about trying it for my jawline.

@Icegoddess 

Watch this official Tria video about how to use it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6btspAjNKSk

You use it 5 days a week for 12 weeks then take a break for about a month...which that part is not clear or even stated on the Tria website. I just let my skin rest for a month to allow the newly formed collagen to stabilize. While you are using the laser you might notice your skin getting very rough and dry. That is because the laser is causing new collagen to form and the old collagen is being forced out from the deeper layers to the surface. After about a month, with consistent use, the rough and dry skin should become diminished. Don't give up during the 'uglies' period. That's a normal part of using this laser and it will pass.

ETA- The Tria ADL is FDA approved for the areas shown in that video. But you can use it anywhere, including the neck, dec and backs of the hands, too...those areas were not part of the FDA approval process so that's why Tria doesn't say to use it on those areas.

I noticed the price went up to 199. Yesterday it was 188.

@SilleeMee Thanks.  I would want to do a little more research before using on my neck since I have thyroid disease.  

Honored Contributor

I think I have talked myself out of it.  I don't think it really does what it is I'm looking for which is more about skin laxity than wrinkles or spots.  I may go check the site out to see what other products they have.  

Probably what I need is Ultherapy which I know is available in my area although I'd rather have AirLase which is not.  But, I'm watching Hot & Flashy's Youtube video about Ultherapy and she said it was quite painful.  I haven't finished the video yet to see her results though.

Valued Contributor

Wow that’s a good price for the tria. I was tempted by it when it was on the q but decided against it.
Trusted Contributor

Mine is coming tomorrow! And I just ordered it on Friday. Very impressive especially since it's coming from the UK.

A friend in need is a friend indeed.
Honored Contributor

Mine just shipped this morning. I ordered it on Friday...that is fast!

Honored Contributor

I think what I need is a microcurrent device, but the NuFace is still way on up there in price.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My new Tria ADL came yesterday and I used it last night. As I mentioned earlier this is my second one. I'm glad I got it because my old one is getting very old and what I noticed, after using the new, is that my old one doesn't seem to feel as strong as the new one....like it's getting weak in the laser strength. The new one actually felt hotter on my skin, which is a good thing and that's how it's suppose to be. I wasn't expecting the new one to be any different but it is.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you for letting us know that @SilleeMee.OMG it's quite prickly for lack of a better word? I kind of have to take a deep breath whenever I start my treatments. AFter a couple of minutes I'm fine. I'm crossing my fingers for good results. 

A friend in need is a friend indeed.
Honored Contributor

@JBKO wrote:

Thank you for letting us know that @SilleeMee.OMG it's quite prickly for lack of a better word? I kind of have to take a deep breath whenever I start my treatments. AFter a couple of minutes I'm fine. I'm crossing my fingers for good results. 

@JBKO 

You're welcome. I hope you get good results, too! I use mine mostly on my neck and dec. I'm a side-sleeper so I use to get those vertical lines on my dec and they bothered me quite a bit. But after using the Tria, those lines are completely gone. The lines might be there right after I get up in the morning but disappear by the time I finish my morning routine. My neck use to have some 'tree rings' and those are gone as well. It's wonderful.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

I don't suppose it works on broken capillaries does it?  I have about four of them and never remember to make an appointment to get them zapped!