Trusted Contributor

Re: Tria Age Defy Laser or Derma rolling - which is more effective for collagen production?

You're welcome, beautybee. I am (strongly) considering using a 0.2mm length roller once I complete my 8 wk Tria treatment, however I think I may wait a week after my last Tria treatment to I add it into my PM routine.
@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
Birman =^..^= Servant
Member since 04.2007

Frequent Contributor

Re: Tria Age Defy Laser or Derma rolling - which is more effective for collagen production?

Thank you for your replies. Will check back in a few weeks after Beauties have used Tria.
Frequent Contributor

Here is what I can say about rolling from my experience only.

Started right in with the 0.5 and do it every 4th nite.....and only do the 1.0 1x/month.

After doing it, I immediately put on Copper P to calm it (it gets pink, not terribly red and NO blood drawn!) and then on top of that once that is sunk in add NCN Pro Volu- Lift for deep penetration of product .

My issues at 64 as of yesterday (good grief!!) are mostly sagging (using the facial flex as well) and loss of volume due to weight loss.

Some of you may remember me from a year ago I had my YT b/a pic of effects of using Facemaster for a year. I was thrilled with the results, but got out of the habit because too many gizmos, too much time (Facemaster, LightStim, Microderm).

Then I have been terribly ill the last 9 months with Lyme disease (and it's co-infection Babesia and Bartonella) from a tick bite 3 years ago and all heck broke loose. My skin suffered terribly and I was back to square one. Doc advised that perhaps due to the neurological symptoms for the Lyme, electrical current would not be her choice for me to use again.

Since doing the rolling (3 months now along with the Facial Flex), by jowls are gone, my skin feels "more dense" when I pinch my cheeks, my cheeks are a bit fuller and most pleasantly, my very deep 11's are almost gone.......I am thrilled.......I also added NCN Pro Volu- Lift......for "low tech, this seems to be producing results and in less time required which makes me happy. I also got believe it or not Adrienne's C Capsules that had such great reviews and believe that has helped with 11's and my minimal crows feet are no longer.

Best to all in the battle of aging gracefully!

Ambersmom

Trusted Contributor

Awhile back there were some lengthy threads on derma rolling and I remember very well a B/A photo that LyninMI posted from Dr S's book. I believe she said this particular patient of Dr D went through a 2 year period of treatment products followed by a 6 month period of rolling. It was really impressive as this woman's skin looked significantly improved which was very visible to the naked eye. It definitely made an impression on me of the benefits of a good derma rolling protocol.

I've had professional laser work done about 12 years ago now and it accomplished everything I had hoped for (but it sure is a challenge to go through.) So I know lasers work. How these home lasers work won't be as dramatic but I have no doubt they will work on some level too. I think what we will learn about Tria is that some will experience really great improvements while others not as much but I think that is true with just about every skincare approach or treatment, professional or home-use. Some just respond better than others though I have no answer as to the reason why.

I am looking forward to the Tria results myself as it will be interesting to see how everyone does. I expect a variance in individual results but that's purely my expectation and not based on anything scientific. I didn't take the plunge myself as I really would like to hear how the majority do before I jump in. I sincerely hope everyone gets at least some of the results they are hoping for, if not all.

Trusted Contributor

wackers - I think you might be referring to this Dr. Setterfield case study...

These two photos were taken 6 mos apart. The subject used topical products for 18 mos and then Dr. Setterfield prescribed derma-rolling with a 0.3 mm roller for 6 mos prior to the ""after"" being taken.
@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
Birman =^..^= Servant
Member since 04.2007

Trusted Contributor

ambersmom - I just want to say I'm so happy you are doing better and am sending warm wishes your way.
@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
Birman =^..^= Servant
Member since 04.2007

Trusted Contributor

Thanks, lyn, as that is exactly the b/a photo I was referring to. I think her skin looks amazing afterwards especially in the cheek area but heck, under her eyes is a dramatic improvement too. I think anyone would be thrilled with results like this.

Does he mention the topicals she was using prior to the rolling, per chance? I recall too that you said he referred to the markings on her cheeks with a specific term yet my memory is failing me on what that term was - do you recall? I have something very similar on my left cheek only, part of which I am sure is due to significant gum loss right underneath that section coupled with the repeated exposure of the left side of the face to the sun when driving. Boy, I would love to get similar results.

Thanks much for posting, lyn - seeing them is as impressive to me the second time around as it was the first.

Frequent Contributor

On 4/11/2014 lyn in MI said: ambersmom - I just want to say I'm so happy you are doing better and am sending warm wishes your way.

Thanks, friend..that is sweet of you!.....cover yourselves up this season, girls from ticks!!....Lyme and it's co-infections are no joke!!!

Hope you have continued success with the Tria....I love those 2 pics as well......while my results after 3 months are not quite there, they are certainly better than day one prior to rolling ........(and facial flexSmiley HappySmiley HappySmiley Happy

I wonder how many days apart she uses the 0.3??......perhaps my 0.5 too much for every 4 days or so and should look for a 0.3 to use daily......hhhhhmmmmmm

Be well, Lyn!

Ambersmom

Trusted Contributor

I am pretty sure lyninMi said that Dr S recommended the .5 roller once every 4 to 5 weeks and the .2 or .3 for CIT (absorption of topical products) multiple times a week.

I haven't started any yet but received my .5 and am now looking for a .2 or .3 for multiple use weekly. I'll likely use the .2 or .3 maybe 4 times a week with a day off in-between.

Hopefully lyn will see this and respond as she knows Dr S's recommendations very well. I am pretty sure I remember the routine she spoke about but it is always good to hear from the expert herself.

Ambersmom ............. I also sincerely hope you continue to recover well as Lyme disease is sure a tough one and nothing to take lightly. I knew someone who got it and she often mentioned how dysfunctional her brain felt for over a year (in addition to all the other problems) A very nasty disease from such a tiny critter ........... scary when you think about it. Wishing you continued success

Frequent Contributor

On 4/11/2014 wackers said:

I am pretty sure lyninMi said that Dr S recommended the .5 roller once every 4 to 5 weeks and the .2 or .3 for CIT (absorption of topical products) multiple times a week.

I haven't started any yet but received my .5 and am now looking for a .2 or .3 for multiple use weekly. I'll likely use the .2 or .3 maybe 4 times a week with a day off in-between.

Hopefully lyn will see this and respond as she knows Dr S's recommendations very well. I am pretty sure I remember the routine she spoke about but it is always good to hear from the expert herself.

Ambersmom ............. I also sincerely hope you continue to recover well as Lyme disease is sure a tough one and nothing to take lightly. I knew someone who got it and she often mentioned how dysfunctional her brain felt for over a year (in addition to all the other problems) A very nasty disease from such a tiny critter ........... scary when you think about it. Wishing you continued success {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Wackers (love the nic!!)...thank you for such kind words. Yes, I am a tough old girl, but this one has brought me to me knees for the last 9 months and my symptoms all were neuro based making it even scarier!......you are so sweet.....

And when you mention that protocol for the rolling, I really do hope Lyn does chime in b/c if what you say is true, I am using the 0.5 too frequently....(still happy but perhaps will be better less??)

I was doing a search on Amazon tonite briefly and did not see a stainless steel 0.3.....I have the MT 0.5 and 1.0 and like them alot , but think somewhere on these BB's I saw a link for another site for the 0.3 (or 0.2).

Again, thank you and hope your friend is on the mend

Ambersmom