Trusted Contributor

Re: Tretinonin + Other Skincare

@monicakm wrote:

@MG Chris 

That's what I've been doing.  I wonder if blue light is a problem.  I have a Google Nest Hub about 10 inches from my face.  I watch my YT videos on it after I've applied my Tret.

possibly but remember it takes six to twelve months to see changes with Tret. It is not an overnight thing.

Trusted Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch 

My only expectation is for these cheek bumps to be gone.   I've been doing what you do and then stopped.  Why is there always more than one right way to do something? Smiley Sad

@monicakm  I have been considering the purchase of a RLT mask and have been doing my research. In the process, I have been reading where these devices can cause bumps and small growths. Have you considered that yours might be the culprit? People who have noticed this happening say these issues slowly went away after they discontinued using. Needless to say, I am reconsidering even though other people said they have not experienced anything but great looking skin. I've always taken great care of my complexion so don't want to do anything that will backfire on me. Those devices are not inexpensive either.

Honored Contributor

@LuvSoCal 

I've not read about that

I probably would be leery as well. But, my red light therapy mask did not cause these bumps. I have had them for years and years and years.  They reside on the tops of my cheeks, come and go at their own discretion, and our skin colored. Because they come and go it makes it hard to know if what I'm using is working.  So far nothing has gotten rid of them . Right now they seem to be getting a little better. I've hesitated to say anything as to not jinx it LOL. They don't hurt, they're not inflamed, not red and the only time you can really see them is when I apply something shiny or glowy like a highlighter and then you'd have to be in the right light.

Trusted Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@LuvSoCal 

I've not read about that

I probably would be leery as well. But, my red light therapy mask did not cause these bumps. I have had them for years and years and years.  They reside on the tops of my cheeks, come and go at their own discretion, and our skin colored. Because they come and go it makes it hard to know if what I'm using is working.  So far nothing has gotten rid of them . Right now they seem to be getting a little better. I've hesitated to say anything as to not jinx it LOL. They don't hurt, they're not inflamed, not red and the only time you can really see them is when I apply something shiny or glowy like a highlighter and then you'd have to be in the right light.

@monicakm   Good to know that your skin issue is not a recent development. I guess as long as the RLT device is not exacerbating the problem then I wouldn't be concerned (I'm speaking for myself). As I said, I really would like to purchase one but would hate to spend $400-500 only to have a bad reaction. That would just be my luck.