Valued Contributor

Re: Tretinoin users, which strength did you start with?

I've been using Refissa (.05) for about 10 years. I started at .05 and hav remained at that dosage. 

Contributor

I use .025 and have for years. I use it for 2 weeks and do a tca peel on weeks 3-4. My skin has never looked better.
Honored Contributor

I use the .05 tret for 3 straight weeks, stop for 3 days then microneedle one day, wait 3 days then go back to the .05 tret.  That routine works for me. Skin looks good.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I recently began "again" to try and use Tretinoin...I had tried with a higher strength 0.05% and that wasn't working so I gave up.  This time I started with low 0.025% and only 2 days per week to start.  Then on to 3 days a week and now I am at 5 days per week.  No peeling or dryness.  So far so good.  I plan on using it at this level and going on to 7 days per week in the next few months slowly and then hold there for several months.  Perhaps in 6 mo's I will try the next strength up.  BUT I would only use the higher strength 1 day per week and my lower 0.025% on the other days and slowly work my way up over many months.

I have rosacea and going very slowly is working for me....I can't do the inflamed red peeling skin.  I already have enough redness and inflammation I am doing my best to keep under tight control.

One other thing I do is I wait after cleansing my face 15-20mins before I apply the Tretinoin.

Valued Contributor

I need to slow down. I tried every other night and big mistake. Going back to either two or three times a week for awhile.

Honored Contributor

@Nadine wrote:

I need to slow down. I tried every other night and big mistake. Going back to either two or three times a week for awhile.

@Nadine  If you can arrange it, try doing your cleansing, serums, and moisturizer earlier in the evening, like right after dinner, then apply your Tretinoin just before you go to bed.