Frequent Contributor

Re: Treatment oil question..

I don't use the Wen oils, but I hope you don't mind me chiming in. In the morning after cleansing (Microdelivery), I have oily skin so I use a BHA, an AHA, and a C (lactic acid) serum under an organic jojoba oil or argan oil. It sounds like a lot, but the combination is not only applied in about 30 seconds, everything sinks in and my face feels clean and moisturized.
Super Contributor

On 10/19/2014 RunnerMom said: I don't use the Wen oils, but I hope you don't mind me chiming in. In the morning after cleansing (Microdelivery), I have oily skin so I use a BHA, an AHA, and a C (lactic acid) serum under an organic jojoba oil or argan oil. It sounds like a lot, but the combination is not only applied in about 30 seconds, everything sinks in and my face feels clean and moisturized.

That sounds like a great combo. Actually, you're not far off WEN oils - the carrier oils are jojoba and argan oils. Those oils are just fantastic for your skin. I use Dr. Denese's firming pads before my oils.

Valued Contributor

I love love love using any first cold-pressed oils on my face. Personally I use Wen's oils on my scalp (I can't use too much fragrance around my face and nose, but seem to be fine on my scalp), but I can't even tell you how much better my scalp is now. Any good oils are fantastic for both oily, combo and dry skin. I have ridiculously oily skin and using the essential oil's have helped it balance out. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Valued Contributor

I just had a TCA-Phenol chemical peel last week. Now that I am sluffing off layers of skin, I have been using 4-5 drops of the 613 treatment oil to moisturize my skin. I warm it up a bit by rubbing my hands together then I press it into my cheeks, forehead, chin & nose. Not only has it helped keep my skin balanced, but I don't have the itchy redness I had with past procedures.

On another note, I do mix the oils with my body lotion. The oils are so easily absorbed, I feel like the lotion adds that extra blanket to keep moisture locked in.

Respected Contributor

I mix a drop or two of oil with 4-5 sprays of RTM...and that's the only skincare I'm using right now. My 59 year old oily skin loves it!

Super Contributor

You guys are awesome!!! Thanks for all the feedback!

*RunnerMom-Sounds like you have a great routine going on,I might have to look into that!

*CaitlinH-I hear you on the oils for the scalp,mines improved soooo much!

*w84WEN-The 613 oil in on my to get list! And I will definitely try mixing my oils into my bodylotion!

*Vermint-I will be trying that!! I do love using the RTM on my face so the oil has to be a huge plus benefit wise.

Super Contributor

I use the oils at night after cleansing my face with my Clarisonic and in the mornings I use Philosophy's Hope in a Jar before doing my make-up.

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
-Walt Disney
Contributor

I use baby wipes to take my make-up off and then I wash my face with a little of the SAM CC. Then I mix 3 or 4 drops of the Wen Fig oil with my night moisturising cream and apply that. I've found that my moisturiser sinks in to my skin faster since I've been mixing it with a few drops of oil. In the mornings I wash my face with SAM CC and then I mix 3 or 4 drops of the Fig oil with my day moisturiser and give it a few minutes to sink in to my skin before I apply my make up.

I've been doing this for about 4 months now and I love it! My skin is so much better since I've been washing with the CC (I can't afford the body cleanser yet, but it's on my wish list!) and using the oil mixed with my face creams. I have combination skin that has evened out, since I've been doing this Smile

I love that Wen has so many uses and is proving to be just as great for my face and body, as it is for my hair {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}