Super Contributor

Re: Travel Beauty Bag Organizer...What's Your Fave?

Vera Bradley has lots of different travel cosmetic bags you could check out. Most of the bags have different pockets and stuff to keep all your things organized which is what I love most about the brand. If you browse around their website I'm sure you will find something that you would like!

Esteemed Contributor

The Vera Bradley Grand is my cosmetic bag of choice.

Super Contributor

I have a few VB cosmetic bags in different sizes, and while I do love the pretty prints - I find that my stuff gets jostled around too much in them. Maybe too unstructured for my needs? I notice it more in the larger size cosmetic bags.

Esteemed Contributor

Yup, hubby and I have matching Freedom Bags that we've had over 20 years (they last!). We keep them packed and ready to go at all times because we take lots of spur-of-the-moment trips. In mine, one side of the bag is packed with toiletries, makeup, skin care and the other side of the bag is charger cords, manicure set, small first-aid kit, meds, extra eyeglasses, etc. Lots of big, oversized heavy plastic pockets, plus 2 large zipper pockets. Inside plastic is washable, as is the outside fabric. Handles are perfect length to wear over your shoulder or wrap around pull-handle of suitcase -- even tho we usually put ours inside our big suitcase.

I found a picture and website, but couldn't copy a photo.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Super Contributor

On 6/24/2014 Colonel Meow said:

On HSN, Joy Mangano's beauty cases. They roll up, hold a lot of stuff, and are clear so you can see exactly what's in each one. Also, they wipe clean just in case one of your products spill. The set I bought included 3 different size cases (M, L, XL) and came in a lot of cute colors!

I second this. I also bought 2 sets of these. One I use exclusively for travel. One I use daily and take to the office with me. Someone (or myself) is always in need of band aids, nail tools, sewing kit, sinus or headache medicines, etc., etc.,). Each different compartment is sorted--- meds in one, beauty items in one, sewing kit in one and so on. My husband and I also really like the LLBean travel kit you can hang, (comes in different sizes) it's good for larger items like the blow dryer and his things for which he forgets to buy travel sizes.
Regular Contributor

I like this one by Sonia Kashuk, purchased at Target:

http://www.target.com/p/sonia-kashuk-snake-print-small-train-case/-/A-14929118#prodSlot=medium_1_12

They have a larger sized one, but I try to cut down on what I take when traveling so this one is perfect!

Regular Contributor

On 6/24/2014 AnnMarie-1 said:
On 6/24/2014 Katharita said:

It doesn't look like anything special, but I travel quite a bit and I really like this Lewis N. Clark Hanging Organizer.

http://www.ebags.com/product/lewis-n-clark/hanging-toiletry-kit/70734

It holds all my items (including 2 and 3 ounce GoToobs) and it's quite sturdy. I really like that it hangs by the clip at the top and not a hanger. DH has one with a hanger and it doesn't fit over door knobs. I can hang this over a door knob, a towel rack, in the closet, on a clothes hanger - - - anything.

I have a summer camp & this will be great for not having to pack, throw in drawers rolling around in bin holders (yes, I clean them but mice get in there, yuck!) & the then pack back up for home, thank you SO much!! I may get 2!

Getting one for my niece also, she will love it!

I hope you like it!

My DH has one too. I do wish it came in more colors than just black so that we could have two different colors and I could tell which one is mine!