Valued Contributor

Re: Trader Joe’s Cucumber Avocado body butter

@Katmary wrote:

I'm curious if it smells like cucumber too.  I love the smell of cucumber!

To me, you definitely get the cucumber. A fresh, crisp, cool cucumber scent. For the price, you cannot beat it. Worth picking up before they are gone.

Respected Contributor

After reading this thread, I decided I need to go to Trader Joe’s tonight LOL. I picked up two of these and just opened one to smell it. I get sort of a cucumber melon scent and it’s lovely, very refreshing. I also have a small lemon verbena jar I got from their holiday set. Plus, I just mixed some lavender and mint essential oils into my last Beekman unscented body cream. I’m set for the summer!

Valued Contributor

@Katmary  @ilikethebubbly  Yes there is a very faint smell of cucumber. I love it! 

Trusted Contributor

@ilikethebubbly  &  @Katmary   - I've tried this TJ's cucumber avocado body butter and I barely smell any cucumber at all, let alone avocado.  Those here that say melon I wholeheartedly agree.

One of the truest cucumber scents I've ever experienced is WEN's cucumber basil replenishing mist.  Straight up cucumber with a nice compliment of basil.  His cucumber aloe cleansing conditioner is also a true cucumber scented delight - just so fresh.

Super Contributor

WEN's cucumber scent is the only one of the classic scents that I haven't tried.  I have coarse, color-treated hair on the dry side. I love both the scent of cucumber and basil. If I catch the mist on sale I'll have to try it!

Respected Contributor

@mare54 wrote:

I don’t usually buy beauty items at Trader Joe’s but they had a display out with a sample. I put some on and wow! Nice soft fragrance. I don’t like anything with a strong smell. It was only $4.99 so I thought why not. Liked it so much I went back and got two more jars. Highly recommend it. 

Enjoy and and have a great weekend! 

One more thing...the pickle favored popcorn. 🤮. 

@mare54  Thank you for your post.  I just picked whole bunch of beauty products from Trader Joes.  I used some Coconut Body Butter last night, and it was just as good as the Beekman Body Butter.  I also tried the face moisturizing gel cream last night. It is also very good.