Super Contributor

This looks like an interesting documentary about the chemicals in beauty products.

https://www.vogue.com/article/toxic-beauty-documentary

“…nevertheless, she persisted.”
Trusted Contributor

Re: Toxic beauty documentary

Do Dr. Denese's products have these bad chemicals in them?

Super Contributor

@Squirrel Lover wrote:

Do Dr. Denese's products have these bad chemicals in them?

I don't know. I'm guessing that you can find the ingredients listed online if you look up specific products. The packaging might list them as well.

Esteemed Contributor

Is this the documentary that is on Netflix?

Super Contributor

@riley1 wrote:

Is this the documentary that is on Netflix?

The article says that it was released on 1/29 and is streaming on Amazon and Apple TV.

Honored Contributor

Hope they address cruelty free beauty products.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The government needs to step in to assure the ingredients are safe in cosmetics and there should be expiration dates on all cosmetics and skincare.  The article talks about the cigarette industry but today at least you are informed.  When I started smoking you did not think of it as a highly addictive drug and the smoke going into your lungs.  I have COPD and believe me, it is no fun to be out of breath if you bend over a couple of times to pick something up.  Let's pray that cosmetics and skincare is regulated very soon for our safety.

p.s.  I quit smoking going on 7 years ago.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

(Oops, spoke too soon!)

Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

The government needs to step in to assure the ingredients are safe in cosmetics and there should be expiration dates on all cosmetics and skincare.  The article talks about the cigarette industry but today at least you are informed.  When I started smoking you did not think of it as a highly addictive drug and the smoke going into your lungs.  I have COPD and believe me, it is no fun to be out of breath if you bend over a couple of times to pick something up.  Let's pray that cosmetics and skincare is regulated very soon for our safety.

p.s.  I quit smoking going on 7 years ago.

@Katcat1  CONGRATULATIONS on quitting.  At least you're doing something smart not continuing on such an awful and expensive habit.   You can use that money to buy more great skincare!!!!!!!   Seriously....   that is wonderful that you quit.

Regular Contributor

NO SUPRISE HERE, If you go to the link " RMS BEAUTY" thats mentioned in the article you will discover a clean organic line of beauty products being offered by the woman that was interviewed.  Wonder what she paid for that article????