Contributor

@riley1 wrote:

@Katcat1 - I do not think the vendor selects the time. Time is based on quota being met. More $$$ made, more air time.

So true - More $$$ made, more airtime and more prime time hours given.

In the product line's heyday, Tova sold a lot of QUALITY products.

The TOVA Signature Eau de Parfum was a big moneymaker.

It was my signature scent as it was for many other women.

I would always get compliments when I wore it.

Unfortunately, the formula was changed and that was the downfall of the Tova Line at QVC.  They tried to replicate it, but to no avail.  Sad story.

Respected Contributor

@Reever 

I remember those wonderful shows.  The cactine products were wonderful.  I found an old compact from a kit I ordered when she had those.  Remember that wonderful make up bag that you could order filled with products with colors that complimented your skin tone?  I still have mine - not the products of course, but the case. It's still very serviceable for my current products.  I miss all the wonderfully fresh scented cactine products - and, of course, I miss the original Tova fragrance.  

Occasional Contributor

Perhaps her appearance was perceived differently than yours, not that the poster didn't watch the same show. 

Contributor

Tova is definitely a highly profiled business woman in the field, do you think for one minute she would let QVC or anyone push her around and disrespect her...uh NO!

She has been in the business way to long for her to allow that to happen... her or QVC or both know what side the bread is buttered on, it's a sweet deal for both sides.  She may like getting her Beauty sleep during the day or has friends to see in the area..who knows what she does during the day, maybe it's her choice to come on the air at night.

Honored Contributor

It seems like she's the "Rodney Dangerfield" of QVC.  Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

I don't buy her perfume, but I think she's a beautiful, elegant woman and I will stop and watch a few minutes of her shows. I have not noticed that she is being disrespected unless people think because she is on in the wee hours that that is disrespectful to her. If Tova wasn't comfortable doing the show at that time she would no doubt tell them that. I think the woman just enjoys being on air no matter what time of the day or night. No doubt her work is her life.

Honored Contributor

Tova's home is in Malvern, PA, very close to the QVC studio.

She doesn't have far to travel if she's on late at night.

And 10 pm is a good time for CA viewers.

I can't believe I actually turned on QVC this morning while still in bed.

But unfortunately it was MaryBeth showing underbed storage containers.  And back to sleep I went!!! Zzzzzzzz

Super Contributor

If the formula wasn't changed she would be selling thousands upon thousands and be on often. A shame how something so good went so bad.

Esteemed Contributor

Tova was so beautiful back in the day. Weren't we all?

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett