Occasional Contributor

Tova bought her company back in late 2011, early 2012. 

Trusted Contributor
Yesterda's child, I didn't know that. Thanks. I've read and was also told by a perfumer that fragrances have changed because some of the ingredients have been banned by the fad because of skin irritation.one of the ingredients is oak moss. That may have something to do w/ the staying power and changes in scent. Apparently this happened about 8 or 9 years ago.
Esteemed Contributor

@Lnorman wrote:

Wow, thanks YesterdaysChild!   I had a feeling that must have been the reason why Tova had her own website.  On me the Signature Platinum seems to last longer.  QVC was no longer selling the Platinum so I was really glad to find it on beautybytova. com.  I have been looking for a perfume to replace Tova SIgnature since the formula was changed.  But I just cannot find anything I like as much.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Suzy CurlyQ wrote:

They are very very similar. I think the difference to me is that the Signature is a bit stronger or bigger projection and the Signature Platinum is more rich in oils and that makes it closer to the skin. What I have read about eau de parfum (alcohol and perfume oils) the alcohol actually pushes the scent outward but then it will drydown faster. When a perfum is a true perfume (oils for the most part) it stays longer on your skin and more rich in "flavor". 

Signature 28.5% oils

Signature Platinum 32.5% oils 

Hope that helps! 

Thanks for the info Suzy CurlyQ!

Frequent Contributor

@Lnorman wrote:

Thanks for the info. I didn't know that.

Regular Contributor

Did you guys see that Tova Signature Platinum is in stock???!!! And it looks like it is on sale but the sale ends on 8-17-15 with 3 easy pays! Item # A337819...

"Life finds a way." --- Ian Malcom Smiley Happy