Esteemed Contributor

I was just surfing the net and found this website:  www.beautybytova.com.  It offers numerous Tova products.  You can even You order the Tova Signature Platinum EDP .. which is not offered on the Q.  I thought that QVC bought her out.  Does anyone know whether Tova bought back her interest in the business?  TIA Maria

Super Contributor

When Tova started selling her Tova Signature, long before she became famous on QVC, I received in the mail a small plastic sample bottle of Tova Signature, along with a catalog of her other products ...

I loved the fragrance and ordered it, using the order form in the catalog for a long time until she came to QVC ... her other products were bath and hair products containing cactus oil ... and I believe I once ordered a fragrance soap bar with a sponge ... 

I no longer wear fragrances because of allergies, but I was wearing Tova almost exclusively from the very beginning ...

~~ Good enough is good enough ~~
Regular Contributor

I wondered that too! To me her scents are divine! I love each and every one that I have! 

I have like 6 of them and I bought them at various places. 

Signature Platinum is so unbelievably wonderful! I think though that they have a discovery set, with the signature platinum, that is sold here so just keep your eyes peeled. Oh and did you notice that her Ambre D'oro, Turquoise, and Nights Platinum is being sold here! I need these too! 

On her website she has also the Autumn... Need that too. Smiley Happy  Phew! I might as well jump on board on her website!! Unless...QVC has a once in a lifetime deal of allll of her scents in one mega mega set now, that would be totally awesome! 

"Life finds a way." --- Ian Malcom Smiley Happy
Respected Contributor
How does Signature Platinum differ from Signature?
Regular Contributor

They are very very similar. I think the difference to me is that the Signature is a bit stronger or bigger projection and the Signature Platinum is more rich in oils and that makes it closer to the skin. What I have read about eau de parfum (alcohol and perfume oils) the alcohol actually pushes the scent outward but then it will drydown faster. When a perfum is a true perfume (oils for the most part) it stays longer on your skin and more rich in "flavor". 

Signature 28.5% oils

Signature Platinum 32.5% oils 

Hope that helps! 

Respected Contributor
Thank you! I may just need to order the platinum!
Regular Contributor

I just thought this would be interesting...

Perfume vs cologne 2.jpg

Respected Contributor

@Suzy CurlyQ wrote:

I just thought this would be interesting...

Perfume vs cologne 2.jpg

Thank you for the demo...very interesting!

Respected Contributor

If anyone finds out if it is the original, please post. The Signature QVC sells now is a poor substitute in my opinion. Thanks.

Trusted Contributor
I agree with Suzy. They are very similar but I think the Platinum has an initial scent of bergamot and then dries down to a very light musk. The original had the most wonderful light jasmine scent that is hardly noticeable in eithe of these but I still love both the sig.and the plat. Both stay on my clothes- sweaters & jackets in particular so I always get compliments. I've worn the sig.for over 20 years. Don't know who owns the company now but Tova's website leads me to believe that she does. Her website has the perfumes in regular and small sizes which is nice.