Respected Contributor

Re: Tova Borgnine has passed!

Susan Graver facebook....

I’m so sad and sorry to hear of Tova’s passing.

She was a good friend and business peer.

We spent many joyous times together at QVC.
I am forever grateful for her friendship and advise.

Many times during a grueling hard day at the Q she often
said, “What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger”
We would laugh and get back on stage.

It was Tova who pushed me to move to PA.
We both stayed at the Sheraton Hotel for many years.
Tova finally made the big move and urged me to do the same.

The 3 hour commute from NY to QVC was exhausting and she told me of this wonderful place that she and Ernie loved.

So, Rich and I took her advice and moved into the neighborhood that she dearly loved.

I believe I owe my health and piece of mind to Tova.
Cutting out the commute was life changing!

I made so many friends because of Tova and loved seeing her at many wonderful events and parties.

I am beyond saddened by her loss.
I will pass by her house everyday and feel that empty feeling and loss.

Tova was beautiful inside and out. May her memory shine on brightly in all of us.

Rest In Peace beautiful Tova.
Respected Contributor

What sad news to hear. I remember Tova with fond thoughts from the 90's at the Q; that is when I first heard of her. Her Signature fragrance was one of a kind. The fragrance brings back a lot of wonderful memories for me. 

Tova was a special lady and brought a lot of class to QVC. Now she is reunited with Ernie, the love of her life. She and I shared the Norwegian heritage.

Rest In Peace and know we will all miss you so much.

Esteemed Contributor

HAVE MY TOVA SIGNATURE OUT ON MY VANITY AND WILL MOST DEFINITELY BE WEARING IT AFTER MY SHOWER.  JUST A SMALL TRIBUTE TO A BEAUTIFUL LADY INSIDE AND OUT.

Honored Contributor

I was going to tell this quick story; but typical of me....forgot about it.

Years ago my late husband and I was over in Washington, DC eating dinner.

Every year DC has a promotion thing' where most of the really nice restaurants will discount the meals they're well-known for.  My husband was a real foodie.  He ate and I got fatter.😐

We were in Old Ebbits Grill there.  They are known for things like hamburgers, etc.

Let me back up a minute.  My husband was amazing at recognizing famous people.  Because he traveled so much he belonged to all of these clubs, etc.

Anyway, my husband said, "Look over there at the bar.  That is Ernie Borgnine...you remember McHale's Navy?  I was talking to him when we were waiting for our plane in the club room.  I wonder if he remembers me.

Before I could say anything, my husband was up out of his chair and was standing next to Ernie Borgnine!

They were laughing about something.  I couldn't stand it so I went over and introduced myself.

The odds are Mr Borgnine probably didn't remember my husband; but he was too nice to say so.

My point for mentioning this is because I remember thinking that his wife must be a wonderful person to have such a kind man like him married to her.

Then when I saw Tova on QVC I realized I was right.  She just seemed like a genuinely nice person.

She was soft spoken.  I loved her stories at how he gave her this and that piece of jewelry.

Like I said previously, I believe the two of them are in Heaven.  Some people it just seems like they'd go to Heaven.

Respected Contributor

I'm so sorry to hear this news.

I first tried Tova's fragrance in the early 90's. It was such a beautiful, unique scent. I also loved Body, Mind & Spirit. Back in the day I used her Cactine skin care products, and her mascara was one of the best I ever tried.

I always loved watching her presentations on QVC. She was so elegant and soft spoken. 

RIP, Tova. A beautiful lady inside and out.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was shocked to see the sad news of Tova's passing.

She was the most elegant beautiful woman inside and out.

I always loved her outfits and elegant style.

Tova, you will be dearly missed, your name will live on in

your Tova Fragrances.. . This is the end of an era.  I hope you are now dancing with your beloved Ernie in Heaven.  Rest in Peace and prayers to your family and friends...

Contributor

Tova Borgnine was CLASS PERSONIFIED....I loved watching her and her stories about 

her LOVE and LIFE with Ernest Borgnine. REST IN PIECE BEAUTIFUL WOMAN Ernie is welcoming you home in his waiting arms....Blessings

Honored Contributor

This makes my heart sad!  She truly was a beautiful and gracious and classy lady!  I remember her talking so lovingly about her husband, and I think she really started to decline after his passing.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva    All you have to do is google her name and it's being reported on multiple legitimate sites

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

This weekend, after not rereading one her books for a few years, I picked up to read for the umpteenth time,

BEING MARRIED HAPPILY FOREVER, not for advice, I liked reading her thoughts. I also have The Tova Difference.

So sorry to hear of Tova's passing. I will miss her. I used her products from her start at QVC, and from her Beverly Hills Salon. 

I have her shows to record automatically. Even if I didn't buy anything that show, I still loved to watch.

I gasped when I saw the message at the top of QVC's page in the black bar, which I never look at.) Tova's like a friend you've known for a long time.

I feel so lucky to have used her line when she owned it, and still used after it was sold to QVC.

Funny, lovely, compassionate......

p.s.

I was at a section of her book where she said :

She and Ernie will be together forever.HeartHeart

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE