Honored Contributor

Re: Tova Borgnine has passed!

Very sad news indeed. Considering the many decades she was on QVC, it would be thoughtful if Q would announce this and express sympathy on the Homepage and/or on air.

Respected Contributor

SO SAD.   I just saw another post announcing her passing.  She was such an elegant and kind soul.  I always loved watching her presentations.   Her's was the first fragrance that I purchase over the air without smelling it in person,  and I was so happy that I did.  Her signature fragrance was a classic,  and though not exactly the same,  I'm still using it as one of my go to scents today.   Tova's make up line was top notch.  Her original mascara was the best ever and she had such beautiful shadows.   I'm saddened to hear the news.  

Honored Contributor

I know who she is but not on the level that many of you seem to know her.  I'm sorry for her passing and my sympathies to her family.

Honored Contributor

They don't make them like her any more; she was an elegant woman.  Ernest will be happy to see her.

borgnine.jpg

Respected Contributor

Her signature fragrance was my first fragrance purchase "sight unseen" as others have said.  I loved her cosmetics and skin care and ordered them direct from her salon in Beverly Hills in the 80's and 90's.   I thought Tova projected beauty and elegance in such a genuine way and will truly miss her presentations.  

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Respected Contributor

I’m sad, but makes me smile knowing she is with her Ernie.
Esteemed Contributor

For those wondering,  QVC has indeed made an on air announcement with thoughtful comments and a picture tribute.

Honored Contributor

Tova had breast cancer in the mid 90's. She often spoke about it on the air. What a beautiful, sophisticated lady she was, tears in my eyes now. 

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

For those wondering,  QVC has indeed made an on air announcement with thoughtful comments and a picture tribute.

Yes. As @Johnnyeager said, Jayne Brown gave a lovely tribute to a lovely lady. I don't think I ever saw a presentation, but I read the glowing comments about her on these forums.

I am so sorry for the QVC family, especially those so close to her. And I'm sorry for my forum friends who treasured her. It sounds like she treasured you too! 

Honored Contributor

rest in peace, Tova.  Always the beautiful lady to the end.

kindness is strength