Respected Contributor

Totally OT question about D&B Daniela

Sorry to post this here but the handbag forum doesn't get as much action and I always trust my Q Beauty ladies! If you own the small Daniela satchel....Is the removable strap a shoulder strap or crossbody? From the description it should be a crossbody but I received the bag, clearly used, and it's a short shoulder strap. I bought it to wear as a crossbody. Before I call customer service to replace the bag with a new bag, I want to confirm that it should indeed be a crossbody strap and maybe the one I received was just swapped out for a presentation or something. No sense in repurchasing if I'm just going to receive another bag with a short strap because the Q has the wrong description. Thanks!
Honored Contributor

Re: Totally OT question about D&B Daniela

I don't have this bag, but no one has answered. The small Daniella shows a strap drop of 23-27 inches, so it looks like you might have gotten a switcheroo somewhere. Did you order an "as is" bag? If so, its kind of pot luck what you get. If not, call and ask for a replacement bag. What happened to the Dooney people? Tthat board is a ghost town.
Respected Contributor

You might want to call Dooney & Bourke customer service (800/347-5000), give them the style # and ask them to verify.  I looked at the small Daniela on their website (http://www.dooney.com/carley-small-daniela/EN911.html).  The picture shows a long crossbody strap, but the description says that the strap drop is only 13.25" long.  

Respected Contributor

I did not order an as-is bag, so I was quite surprised, disappointed and upset when I opened the box and the bag, without any packaging, wrapping, or stuffing, and with the incorrect strap was just lying in the box. I called CS and they said that maybe it was used on air. To me, that's a used bag, and not what I ordered. When I order a D&B, I expect a bag in all its original packaging, and with the appropriate wrapping/stuffing. I don't want a bag that's been opened and/or on air. I don't want to wait for a replacement so I went ahead and ordered another one today. I'm shipping the dud back tomorrow.
Honored Contributor

@Rachb wrote:
I did not order an as-is bag, so I was quite surprised, disappointed and upset when I opened the box and the bag, without any packaging, wrapping, or stuffing, and with the incorrect strap was just lying in the box. I called CS and they said that maybe it was used on air. To me, that's a used bag, and not what I ordered. When I order a D&B, I expect a bag in all its original packaging, and with the appropriate wrapping/stuffing. I don't want a bag that's been opened and/or on air. I don't want to wait for a replacement so I went ahead and ordered another one today. I'm shipping the dud back tomorrow.

Especially when you consider what you're paying for that brand! Didn't someone say that the strap lenghth was described at 13.5 inches? That's not cross body (unless you're an infant)

Esteemed Contributor

Small Daniela

Is this the bag?  Clearly it has a long strap to it.  I got this off of the dooney site.  

Respected Contributor

The description describes a crossbody length.
Esteemed Contributor

@Rachb wrote:
The description describes a crossbody length.

Oh ok.  I did a search of that bag and that was the only one that came up on the dooney site for me.  Sorry about that  I'll keep looking for ya.  I'll do another search on the site. 

Respected Contributor

I think that the strap is actually 3 pieces - one that's connected to each side of the bag and a center piece that can be removed if you want to convert it from a crossbody to a shoulder bag.  Maybe the center piece was missing from the bag that you received.

Esteemed Contributor

I did another search on the dooney site and the pic I posted is the only Daniela bag they have.  I also went through all the dooney bags on the Q's site and can't come up with it.  I would suggest that you go back to your order and look it up and read the description and look at the picture or video if there is one.  I even googled that bag and only come up with the pic I posted.