Respected Contributor

Totally OT! Structure/Organization in Longchamp Tote

I posted in the Handbag Forum but it doesn't look like there's much exposure/activity over there. So I figured I'd post over here since the forums are much more active. I love my Longchamp tote but it has absolutely no structure or organization. I have the large Longchamp and I'm wondering if the large LG organizer will be big enough to give my tote some structure, or if the organizer will just swim around in there. Anybody use it in a Longchamp?
Super Contributor

Re: Totally OT! Structure/Organization in Longchamp Tote

I have the LG purse organizer, but wouldn't use it in my large Longchamp tote - I think it would shift around too much. The Longchamp tote requires that I use zippered little makeup case type bags. So I have three or so - and I divide my stuff up into those.

Frequent Contributor

They sell something called a purse or handbag "base shaper" online. It helps to retain the shape of your handbag. You can search for it on Youtube and take a look before you buy. There are even do-it-yourself videos to teach you how to make one.

For me, I just use a sturdy corrugated cardboard and cut out a piece the shape of the base of my handbags. HTH.

Respected Contributor

I use smaller makeup bags. I have one for makeup, one for meds/things, and one for other small things that I don't want floating around in the bag like bobby pins/hair ties. I also have pens, keys, pocket knife, notepad, and the like in the pockets in my bag. Right now I have a travelon bag, so there are plenty of pockets.

The purse you names looks like a traditional DUMP bag, where things are dumped into it and have to be dumped out of it to be found. Try using smaller makeup bags for your things. I think you will find that a better solution that any of the purse organizers out there. I do have a purse organizer by 31 bags that I use and love, because it works like a makeup bag, but with more pockets in it. I have things in it that I can just toss in any bag and have what I need, though it is too large for my current purse. It is in my larger bag I switched out of into the travelon bag that is much smaller and lighter. I like dump bags too, so that is where I get my experience from.