Respected Contributor

Re: Totally O/T....need recs on a good mid-sized SUV

Is the Honda Pilot too big for you? Last year at this time hubby and I went to a car show because I intended to buy a new SUV. It was a great way to see them all, sit it them, etc. I had actually decided that I wanted either a Buick Enclave or a Chevy Tahoe but found they were just too huge for me. I ended up deciding to keep my '08 Jeep Grand Cherokee because I honestly didn't see anything I liked better. However the one I liked the most was the Pilot and it was pretty reasonably priced for what you get. This was last year's model. I had a CRV years ago when they were much bigger. And an Accord before that. Hondas are wonderful vehicles plus they really hold their value. But if you're able to attend a car show do it. Good Luck!

Super Contributor

We got a Highlander last July... really really really love the car... it is easy to drive and gets about 20 miles to the gallon... have taken it on several vacations so it works well on long distances and for daily driving.. really glad we got it...

Super Contributor

On 3/3/2015 Lori64 said:

I have Toyota Highlander and really like it. You won't be able to get a brand new one for 25k-28k though. I like it so much that if anything ever happened to mine I would definitely get another one.

You might be able to get a used one for that price... it is really a popular car where we live... the used car would also probably have quite a few miles on it...

Super Contributor

On 3/4/2015 ID2 said:

I'm always so SHOCKED at how many of you don't drive an American made vehicle! I have to! I'm proud to support my own.

My Toyota Highlander was made in the United States...the Ford Explorer which was comparable was much more expensive and didn't have as much on it as the Highlander

Super Contributor

We have had Highlanders. I wouldn't switch because I love Toyota service. We go to the Toyota dealership for service. They are so nice and professional.

Super Contributor

I traded in my 13 year old Lexus RX for a subaru outback and I am very happy I did. The Lexus is very large and very expensive to fill with gas. that said, it drove like a dream and I did love owning it. I feel like the Subaru outback is definitely a step or two down. and I got the deluxe version. nothing like the Lexus.

also, my son traded in his Jeep Grand Cherokee and also got a Subaru Outback. both the Jeep Grand Cherokee and Lexus were well out of his price range. he is happy with the Subaru, it has good safety ratings and he does not care about cars at all, and wishes he could just commute on the T or subway.

Trusted Contributor

Love love love my Toyota Highlander. It's the only car I can ride in or drive where my back or hip doesn't hurt after an hour. It's so very comfortable. Highly recommend it.

Trusted Contributor

We have a Ford Escape - love it! All the bells and whistles, perfect mid-size!
Esteemed Contributor

I'm in the market now- and am between a honda crv, mazda cx5 and subaru forester! I'm a very cautious car buyer- and know I'll drive myself nuts in the coming weeks deciding on a model. This winter is a reminder, AWD is a MUST!

Honored Contributor

Chevy Equinox, just the right size.