Trusted Contributor

Total Body Enhancement machine at Planet Fitness - a/k/a Beauty Angel

The  topic of red light therapy has me curious about this machine. At Planet Fitness they have a red light therapy/vibration plate machine which they call Total Body Enhancement. The name on the machine, however, is Beauty Angel.

Just wondering if anyone has used it or something like it, and if you had any results to speak of. Not just cosmetic or weight loss - I heard testimonials that it helps with arthritis and sore muscles, too.

TIA!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Total Body Enhancement machine at Planet Fitness - a/k/a Beauty Angel

We do have a vibration platform machine.   We bought it from Amazon and its by Lifepro.  We chose them because it has a lifetime warrenty.

My husband told me its the best thing I ever bought.   He has sciatica and it really helps  ' loosen everything up' for him.   I love it too for my legs and hips,  again loosening things up.   Do I think it will make people lose weight?   I don't know.  But that is not what we bought ours for.   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

In my area, Planet Fitness charges $40 per session and it's recommended to get three per week for up to 90 days. If you do the math that's $1440 for the 90-day treatment program.

If you are a PF Black Card member, the sessions are no extra cost to you.

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee holy cow!  Mine is included with my membership. That's crazy.

Honored Contributor

@PilatesLover wrote:

@SilleeMee holy cow!  Mine is included with my membership. That's crazy.

@PilatesLover 

Are you a Black Card member there?

Esteemed Contributor

@nada54 

My husband has recently experienced hip/back pain in addition to his knee pain.  As a brick mason and builder, it is not unexpected after a lifetime of punishing his joints.

Did you discover the benefits by accident, or or these vibrators specifically for such things?

I know nothing about them and wouldn't expect weight loss, but I would like to help him with the recurring pain he has.

Thanks.

Trusted Contributor

I sometimes would put on ShopHQ   and accidently came across the vibration machine.   Watching the presentation they talked about what it can do for the joints and things like that.   I went to amazon and searched thru a bunch and began reading reviews and what they had to say.  So decided to go for it.   I didn't want a junky one.   Also had watched them on the Q and HSN  [ tony little]   

They all talked about how it helps move the lactid acid build up in the joints.

Really helps my husband with his sciatica.   The buttons range is from 1-99.  We are still on the lowest.  It can also help with balance.   You can stand on it or sit and put your feet on it,  sometimes I even sit directly on it.  Sometimes my husband will tell me his sciatica is acting up and I say  get on the machine,  and he says 'oh yea'.   It works.   He is in construction.

Respected Contributor

The vibration machines are not recommended for anyone that has had back surgery.  I believe there is a chance it may do more damage.  But who knows?  I guess you would have to try and see if it causes discomfort

Esteemed Contributor

I personally will not partake in anything like this unless I clear it with my doctor.  I have a few ailments that might be exacerbated by this kind of machine.  Don't know.  For now, I'll stick with Cardio.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

I've done whole body vibration for at least the last 5-7 years and it's been wonderful.

I started out on the professional models at my Naturopath's office but bought a Life Pro on Amazon during the Covid shutdown. I bought the platform that offers oscillation.

I had a bout of sciatica just before Christmas and it was relieved in a few sessions.