Respected Contributor

jambeauty uploaded a video of her top 5 favorite drugstore foundations.  That Rimmel one is excellent and just as good as any high-end foundation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBih221c6Bs&t=196s

Respected Contributor

Re: Top 5 Drugstore Foundations

The Wet and Wild Foundation gets a lot of thumbs up on YouTube. 

Respected Contributor

The ELF and Rimmel are favs of many of the younger bloggers.

I tried both as I was looking for some less expensive weekend options.

I am in my 40's with little to no wrinkles and a nice complexion, but both the ELF and Rimmel created the look of LARGE pores and orange peel skin on my cheeks and chin and both oddly creased in my forehead area.

I am used to putting on my make-up and 'forgetting' about it for the next 8 hours.  The above make-ups both need constant touch-up and attention, even after an hour of wear running errands.

I will keep trying.

Respected Contributor

A lot of comments on there thought she should have also added the No. 7 foundation.  I think there are a lot of good drugstore foundations.  I use the Fit Me and like it also when I'm not using my Skinn Plasma Foundation.

Respected Contributor

@Abrowneyegirl wrote:

I am in my 40's with little to no wrinkles and a nice complexion, but both the ELF and Rimmel created the look of LARGE pores and orange peel skin on my cheeks and chin and both oddly creased in my forehead area.

I am used to putting on my make-up and 'forgetting' about it for the next 8 hours.  The above make-ups both need constant touch-up and attention, even after an hour of wear running errands.

I will keep trying.

Oh wow.  I'm late 30s and I've never had an issue with the Rimmel one.  That stinks.

Regular Contributor

I'm 62 with dry skin, and I love the Rimmel foundation! I use a brush to put it on and I don't get any creasing or settling in pores or fine lines. However, I heard that they were discontinuing that Rimmel foundation. Smiley Frustrated I think I  need to take a look at the ELF foundation next!

Valued Contributor

Oh no, don't tell me Rimmel is going to discontinue that foundation. I love it!  Oh my, I am sick.  I do have an extra tube waiting in the wings, but after that.......

Esteemed Contributor

@Abrowneyegirl wrote:

I will keep trying.

@Abrowneyegirl  Do you use a primer?  I've found that my makeup never looks top-notch unless I'm wearing a primer.  I use silicone-based primers to give a smoother texture, and I use a damp sponge to apply the Rimmel foundation.  I put dots of the foundation on various areas of my face and use the sponge to blend them out, using a blotting or pressing motion.  I haven't had to use powder to set the Rimmel foundation, but when I want to, I use RCMA.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Esteemed Contributor

@JuLee wrote:

I'm 62 with dry skin, and I love the Rimmel foundation! I use a brush to put it on and I don't get any creasing or settling in pores or fine lines. However, I heard that they were discontinuing that Rimmel foundation. Smiley Frustrated I think I  need to take a look at the ELF foundation next!

@JuLee  I noticed the Rimmel foundation has disappeared from Rite Aid, Meijer, Target, Kroger and Ulta, but I was at Wal-Mart the other day and saw it.  Not sure if they'll be keeping it or not, but I bought a few bottles that won't expire for another year or so, so I'll have time to find something else if Wal-Mart stops carrying it.

Esteemed Contributor

@chihuahuamom wrote:

Oh no, don't tell me Rimmel is going to discontinue that foundation. I love it!  Oh my, I am sick.  I do have an extra tube waiting in the wings, but after that.......

@chihuahuamom  The one mentioned in the video comes in a clear glass bottle with a red cap.  If yours is in a tube, it's not the same one.

However, if you are talking about the foundation in the glass bottle with the red cap, check your local Wal-Mart (or their website).  That's the only retailer I know of that still carries it.