Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: Toothpaste, tooth products that whiten - help, please

I am going to give you a totally different suggestion here. I have managed to whiten my teeth BETTER than using strips by using The Dirt Toothpaste or tooth powder. It is all natural, bentonite clay based, and this stuff is super gentle, causes no sensitivity, and works fast! I get mine directly from their website (givemethedirt.com) or from some Vitamin Shoppe stores. Not cheap but my dentist was surprised at how good my teeth looked and how much whiter and brighter they are. There are other carbon based toothpastes and tooth powders that work just the same. 

Honored Contributor

@haircut1001 wrote:

I am going to give you a totally different suggestion here. I have managed to whiten my teeth BETTER than using strips by using The Dirt Toothpaste or tooth powder. It is all natural, bentonite clay based, and this stuff is super gentle, causes no sensitivity, and works fast! I get mine directly from their website (givemethedirt.com) or from some Vitamin Shoppe stores. Not cheap but my dentist was surprised at how good my teeth looked and how much whiter and brighter they are. There are other carbon based toothpastes and tooth powders that work just the same. 

@haircut1001

I see you are new ---- hello and nice to have you here!

That is something different --- never heard of this?  Will have to check this out.  Thanks!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Super Contributor

I am 74 and have tried every whitener you can think of. Nothing really worked. I didn't want to do the whitening at my dentist's office for two reasons: cost and he said it would increase the sensitivity of my teeth. As they are already sensitive I chose to pass on it.

A few months ago I tried the Smileactives light and pen kit - A294870. It really, really worked. I am thrilled. It comes with the pens and after one week of light and pen use I stopped the light use. My teeth are so nice and white. I am a coffee drinker and it really made a difference. Even my husband noticed and decided to use it. I really noticed the difference in his teeth. We are both very happy with the results. I continue to use the pens to maintain the results. The instructions say that you can use the light again if you notice the yellow color or stains returning. It did not increase the sensitivity of my teeth. HTH