Valued Contributor

Re: Toothpaste. What do you use and why?

Sensidyne.  My dentist told me to use it because I have sensitive teeth.

Honored Contributor

I switch around, pepsodent, eco dent tooth powder, and many other brands.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Valued Contributor

@just bee  I didn't realize they still made Pearl Drops! I may have to pick some up and try it again. I can remember being in middle school and so excited that my Mom bought that at the store for us. There was a commercial featured heavily on TV at the time; something about "ooooh it's a great feeling" lol....

I will look for it next time I go shopping!

I've been using some type of Colgate whitening toothpaste. 

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Valued Contributor

On a QVC website you ask what toothpaste we use?  Well I have been using Super Smile since it first came to QVC because it is good and it makes my teeth white!  By what I am reading, apparently it isn't all that popular.

Valued Contributor

@just bee wrote:

Or how 'bout the ones that make you feel like the lining of your mouth is disintegrating?  What is that goo that comes off in your mouth?

Are you using something that actually works for you?

My dental hygienist says that goo is actually the lining of your mouth coming off from those tartar control ingredients in tooth pastes.  She warned me that for most people that's too strong.  She told me to find a plain tooth paste on the bottom shelf of the tooth paste area like Crest.  Or if you can't find one like that, use the Sensitive one in a good brand like Crest of Colgate.

Honored Contributor

@customerqvc2 wrote:

@just bee wrote:

Or how 'bout the ones that make you feel like the lining of your mouth is disintegrating?  What is that goo that comes off in your mouth?

Are you using something that actually works for you?

My dental hygienist says that goo is actually the lining of your mouth coming off from those tartar control ingredients in tooth pastes.  She warned me that for most people that's too strong.  She told me to find a plain tooth paste on the bottom shelf of the tooth paste area like Crest.  Or if you can't find one like that, use the Sensitive one in a good brand like Crest of Colgate.

@customerqvc2 

Thought so! Woman LOL

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Colgate Optic White ... along with the whitening mouthwash.  Both are on my Amazon subscriptions.   

Honored Contributor

@LuvmyLab wrote:

I use Sensodyne Pronamel because I have sensitive teeth, however anybody can use it.  It helps to build the enamel in your teeth, which wears down over time due to eating, drinking things like soda and basically just chewing food all the time.  Teeth do not last a lifetime so I want to protect mine as best as I can.  

@LuvmyLab 

I had my teeth bonded a few years ago due to worn enamel.  

Honored Contributor

I use PRONAMEL Intensive Repair for sensitive teeth and it repairs weakened enamel. I like the taste and seems to do a good job on my teeth. I use stannous fluoride Rx. strength daily as a rinse, that product helps more than any toothpaste for cavity prevention and sensitivity for me. 

Honored Contributor

Something I like to do from time to time...when brushing my teeth before going to bed, I'll load my electric t-brush up with extra t-paste (Creast Pro Health Gum  Protection w/ the gritty bits), sit down, lean back and relax and slowly brush my teeth for up to 6 minutes. Sometimes I'll reload the toothpaste.  Adds to the "spa" experience when I've added extra luxury products to my face and body routine that night.  I think tonight will be a spa night Smiley Happy