Honored Contributor

Re: Too faced products/Jillian

I use some Too Faced but it's not my favorite brand.  The one product I am very loyal too and won't be without is the Matte Chocolate bronzer.  The color is fantastic and there is no shimmer or glimmer to it at all.  It is totally matte but isn't the least bit orangey.

All the other bronzers in this line have so much shimmer, they are unusable.  I don't even think they'd look good on a teenager. 

I have used other products here and there but nothing that keeps me ordering and I have some products in my make-up bag now I use on an inconsistent basis and wouldn't order again.

I've not seen any of the TF shows today but I've always felt as if Jillian is overdone.  Most of the time I think she looks like she needs to wash her make-up off and start over with a much lighter hand.  Between the dark hair and the make-up, it's too much IMO. 

Esteemed Contributor

There is a bunch more shades of the born thid wsy foundation at ulta then what HSN offers. 

Regular Contributor

I love the Primed and Poreless pressed powder!!! I have multiples!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@sophiamaria2 wrote:

okay I went to look because I luv jullian and two faced...and I couldn't find a video with her in it..UNTIL I realized looking again IT IS HER.   I thought it was someone else!   she has either gained weight OR maybe she's pregnant?     wow she totally doesn't look like herself.    

@sophiamaria2I think Jillian is at that age where a female body seems to develop a mind of its own and does its own thing.  If Jillian is like some of us the only thing she is in control of during this period is the hair and makeup. 

Honored Contributor

@emmysmom wrote:

Spoiler

@Icegoddess wrote:

Does anybody know if the Born This Way foundation colors run yellow?  I'm tempted.  I don't know why since I finally found a good match in NARS.  All the other brands I have tried are definitely yellow-based.  I can make theim work, but it's really nice to put on foundation and not see how yellow it is compared to my skin.  At least on screen it looks very natural which is what appeals to me, I guess.

Today I watched Jillian..she said her foundations are yellow based...HTH~

@emmysmom. I don't think that Becca's foudnations are yellow based....I have one of her foundations as well, and it is really nice, again a full coverage foundation though....I actually have that one on today and it looks great, I use a damp Beauty Blender sponge with my foundations though... 

Honored Contributor

@Trix wrote:

@sophiamaria2 wrote:

okay I went to look because I luv jullian and two faced...and I couldn't find a video with her in it..UNTIL I realized looking again IT IS HER.   I thought it was someone else!   she has either gained weight OR maybe she's pregnant?     wow she totally doesn't look like herself.    

@sophiamaria2I think Jillian is at that age where a female body seems to develop a mind of its own and does its own thing.  If Jillian is like some of us the only thing she is in control of during this period is the hair and makeup. 

@Trix, I have no clue as to the reason behind her obvious weight gain. She could be on meds. Or she could have gained because of a change in her diet or exercise routine.

This is most definitely not a criticism, but I disagree that at a certain age, it is inevitable, barring health issues.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@Trix wrote:

@sophiamaria2 wrote:

@Trix  Really? That’s so not true. If you stay active, maintain a healthy diet, you don’t have to let your body go to h**l. At (almost) 70, I weigh the same as I did in college, but it does take some effort. Don’t put all women in the same basket. 

Respected Contributor

She has gained a lot of weight for whatever reason.

I think she needs to cut the hair and use less makeup.  Maybe a little lighter too.

I was actually able to stay with a show because she wasn't so loud and hyper.

Hyacinth

Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Trix wrote:

@sophiamaria2 wrote:

@Trix, I have no clue as to the reason behind her obvious weight gain. She could be on meds. Or she could have gained because of a change in her diet or exercise routine.

This is most definitely not a criticism, but I disagree that at a certain age, it is inevitable, barring health issues.

@suzyQ3Thanks for pointing out that not being critical, but to clarify I did not say that "at a certain age it is inevitable that everyone has problems.  I said: If Jillian is like some of us the only thing she is in control of during this period is the hair and makeup. Some being the operative word to note I was not suggesting ALL women experience problems and issues during menopause years.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Trix wrote:

@sophiamaria2 wrote:

@Trix  Really? That’s so not true. If you stay active, maintain a healthy diet, you don’t have to let your body go to h**l. At (almost) 70, I weigh the same as I did in college, but it does take some effort. Don’t put all women in the same basket. 

@ShanusPlease calm down I am not putting all owmen into the same basket.  As I pointed out to suzyQ3 my statement was NOT even written to suggest ALL women have problems during menopause.  Please note the word SOME is used: I think Jillian is at that age where a female body seems to develop a mind of its own and does its own thing.  If Jillian is like some of us the only thing she is in control of during this period is the hair and makeupThe word some automatically makes the point in a statement that the writer is not including an entire group in their remark.   

You're preaching to the choir regarding healthy lifestyle.  I too am in the shape of my life well into my 60s and not only do I weigh less than I did at age 21, I have better muscle tone and look better in a bikini than I did then. Woman Happy