Honored Contributor

Aloha Beauties! For those of you who use or have tried both brands,which one do you prefer and why? If you like both, are there specific items you prefer from one over the other? I’d love to read your opinions.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Valued Contributor

Re: Too Faced or Urban Decay?

I have and use some from both brands.  Enjoy using both.  If I had to choose only one... probalby too faced.  UD changed something about their formula a few years back, and it isn't the same as the original.  Too Faced has gorgeous, very flattering colors; however, beware of some of their holiday palettes.  I understand they aren't the same as the usual fare.  

Valued Contributor

In addition:  I love the Too Faced Boudoir Eyes (discontinued), but will soon be purchasing something from either the chocolate bar or peach line.  Also, I have used Naked 2 from UD for years.

Occasional Contributor

I have tried both and feel like UD is more pigmented and consistent in the palate. I have TF chocolate bar and some are very patchy and hard to get good color out of them.
Honored Contributor

SuzyQ3 mentioned their 24/7 eyeliner pencils & after trying a few liked them a lot. Previous drug store pencils dried out or pulled across the lids. These are creamy & their points don’t break off as you use them. 

I use their anti-aging primer for lids (their original is equally good) & I like their Naked Basics 2 palette. 

Their blushes & highlighters are very good too; blushes are pigmented & highlighters aren’t overly glowy or sparkly. I think it would be difficult to get that ‘disco ball’ look with their highlighters.

I also like their liquid eyeliners; their brushes enable you to make a thin line. Be sure to shake the tube before using as the contents can settle.

I like their Naked Skin foundations too (liquid) & their Naked Skin One & Done. 

I haven’t tried any of the IT products.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Frequent Contributor

UD for lipsticks. Best colors, deep pigment, and staying power. I suspect it varies product by product.

Honored Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

Aloha Beauties! For those of you who use or have tried both brands,which one do you prefer and why? If you like both, are there specific items you prefer from one over the other? I’d love to read your opinions.

@SurferWife  I have and use both UD Basics Palettes (matte nude shades). My pro kit has the 3 Naked Palettes...I found the last one with the pinks/burgundy colors difficult for most women to pull off well. 

Honored Contributor

depends 

both lines have good things

the MUA for my daughter's wedding used the setting powder from UD and the spray..... which I got 

and I have a matte lipstick which is good too,  

Honored Contributor

@OkeyDokey wrote:

In addition:  I love the Too Faced Boudoir Eyes (discontinued), but will soon be purchasing something from either the chocolate bar or peach line.  Also, I have used Naked 2 from UD for years.

those TF boudoir palettes pop up at Marshalls and TJs every now and then 

Respected Contributor

I use both. 

Both have great lid primers. Have and use both.

I love Urban Decay Lipstick and Glosses.

Too Faced Palettes are hands down favs for me, Chocolate Bar, Sweet Peach and Peach Mattes for eyes, the Natural Face Palette is fantastic.

I also have any number of lip and eye liners from Urban Decay.

I would suggest purchasing from Ulta or Sephora who have return policies.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield