Respected Contributor

@lkat wrote:

I think @Sunnycorle is right about the foundation on the model.  It definitely didn't match her face, but it matched her body which is what you're supposed to match.  If they had used a lighter color to match her face, she would've had that "floating head" thing going on I think.

I am tempted to get this.  Love the mascara and primer and have wanted to try the foundation and powder.  Always have a hard time picking out a color online though.

@lkat  This is a great way to try the products.  I have used all except the spray and have wanted the spray.  I bought it before they had so many shades and have two shades currently and wanted to try another.  Depending on the time of year I need options. I love the powder and foundation! Love!  Pretty much goof proof.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Too Faced on HSN TSV

[ Edited ]

Not interested in the products in his kit. I’d be interested in a nice (NOT BROWN lol) eyeshadow palette - provided they could come up with one that is not mostly glittery and shimmery ones. 

I’ve got a couple nice palettes from Too Faced. 

Honored Contributor

@Sunnycorle, do the shades run dark?  Reason I ask is pretty much everything I have tried from the shopping channels I wear a Light.  I used Findation when I decided to try a Nars foundation and the Mont Blanc shade it suggested was the exact shade the girl at the Sephora counter also suggested and is the best match of anything I have tried.  I used Findation to see what I would get in this line and it gave me Snow which is one of the Fairs.  Apparently, it already sold out, so I won't be getting the TSV.  

I am in need of a new finishing powder though, so I might try that instead.

Trusted Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@lkat have you tried Findation for foundation matching?

Thank you @Icegoddess for the tip.  I've never heard of that site, I will definitely check it out.  I tried Temptalia which has a foundation finder, but it doesn't look like it's been updated with all the newer shades of the Too Faced. 

I am fair/light and have a hard time deciding on whether to go for one of the fair shades or one of the light shades.  I looks like there are a couple of fair/neutral shades that might work.

Honored Contributor

I have this foundation on today. I love it, but it is a full coverage foundation in my opinion, so I use a Beauty Blender Sponge damp to apply mine, and I love the way it goes on and it lasts all day! This is a really good foundation!

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Sunnycorle, do the shades run dark?  Reason I ask is pretty much everything I have tried from the shopping channels I wear a Light.  I used Findation when I decided to try a Nars foundation and the Mont Blanc shade it suggested was the exact shade the girl at the Sephora counter also suggested and is the best match of anything I have tried.  I used Findation to see what I would get in this line and it gave me Snow which is one of the Fairs.  Apparently, it already sold out, so I won't be getting the TSV.  

@Icegoddess

I don't think they run dark.  I am going to put the two colors on my hand now and see if they oxidate darker.  will reports back.

Respected Contributor

@Sunnycorle wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Icegoddess

I don't think they run dark.  I am going to put the two colors on my hand now and see if they oxidate darker.  will reports back.

I have Warm Nude and Light Beige and I feel they are both Medium for sure and don't oxidize much, if you sheer it out it will oxidize a bit.  I ordered the TS in Natural Beige hopeing to have a little deeper color.

Honored Contributor

Since they sold out of what is apparently my color, I think what's best for me is to go to Ulta and get a sample.  They also have the loose setting powder for the same price as HSN.