Honored Contributor

I'm watching the presentaton for the TSV.  They show a  girl with long red hair that they have done half face makeup on.  Now, I thought the idea with foundation was to try and get as close to your natural skin tone as possible.  At least that's the way I do it.  But there is a huge difference between her natural skin tone and the foundation shade they put on her.  

I have never used Too Faced, so I have no idea how good it actually is or is not.  They do have a lot of shades to choose from (35) an it looks like they have rosy, neutral, and warm options for each of the shades which is a refreshing change.

Occasional Contributor

I saw that, too and I also thought that the shade was off.  I have used this foundation and it is very nice.  The shade range is almost too wide, plus it’s difficult to choose the right shade watching it on tv.

Trusted Contributor

It was ridiculous, and I changed the channel.

Trusted Contributor

They have more than 12 shades for African American women! Asians also have several shades to choose from. What a huge difference from the handful of shades usually offered on QVC. I stopped buying makeup kits from QVC after getting one too many foundations that didn't match my skintone. My sister had to tell me one was the wrong shade because I couldn't tell that it had oxidized as the day went on. Woman Embarassed

I'm tempted to try this TS, if only to support their decision to offer 35 shades as a TS. The Pumpkin Spice kit also looks good, but I only have so much eyelid and already own a few pallettes. Too bad we don't normally change eye shadow during the day so that I'd hit pan faster. Woman Tongue

Respected Contributor

Some of their stuff contains Bismuth Oxychloride, so I didn't even watch.  The kit looked interesting, and all the shades...  Way more than most.  Wish that companies would stop using the Bis Oxy.  I got a perfect match with Bare Minerals when it first came to the Q. That's also when I learned no BO for me.  The itch was awful.

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Respected Contributor

I am not buying the TS.  I would love to try the foundation, but I have no need for the rest-- primer, mascara, setting sray or powder.  

Honored Contributor

Yeah, I have no interest in all that other stuff.  I really don't need another foundation either, but of course I'm always looking for that holy grail.  I have pretty much a perfect match in Nars, but I feel like I have to mix it with something to get a finish I like.  It doesn't nececssarily settle in fine lines, pores, etc., but it still seems to make them more noticeable.  

Respected Contributor

This is a great TS and the foundation is wonderful. I have wanted to try the setting spray and already LOVE the powder. 

Some people self tan their bodies and not their face and then they use a color to match their bodies.  

Trusted Contributor

I think @Sunnycorle is right about the foundation on the model.  It definitely didn't match her face, but it matched her body which is what you're supposed to match.  If they had used a lighter color to match her face, she would've had that "floating head" thing going on I think.

I am tempted to get this.  Love the mascara and primer and have wanted to try the foundation and powder.  Always have a hard time picking out a color online though.

Honored Contributor

@lkat have you tried Findation for foundation matching?