Honored Contributor

Re: Too Faced Today's Special on 7/27 on HSN?

@Blingqueen023 @pegsue @Chi-town girl 

My TS arrived today & I am currently wearing BOTH shades! lol One on the right side of my lips and one on the left. I needed to see what they both looked like!

I'm going to have to practice a bit but I think I might end up liking both colors. The Strawberry Rhubarb isn't too bright red, at least with one coat on. 

My lips looked a bit dry without the gloss but adding it is very nice. It isn't too glossy/shiny and I like that. 

BUT - I don't see it in the instructions; are you supposed to wait a few minutes to let it set before adding the gloss? Because I have transfer to my water glass. Where is my 8 hours of wearing power?

Respected Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

My TS arrived today & I am currently wearing BOTH shades! lol One on the right side of my lips and one on the left. I needed to see what they both looked like!

I'm going to have to practice a bit but I think I might end up liking both colors. The Strawberry Rhubarb isn't too bright red, at least with one coat on. 

My lips looked a bit dry without the gloss but adding it is very nice. It isn't too glossy/shiny and I like that. 

BUT - I don't see it in the instructions; are you supposed to wait a few minutes to let it set before adding the gloss? Because I have transfer to my water glass. Where is my 8 hours of wearing power?

@willdob3 HI there wildob.  You know I received mine yesterday.  I didn't open it all up yet.  I used the mauve soft pink color real quickly before I left for work this morning.  I didn't take the clear gloss or the darker color out of the boxes yet.  The soft color worked fine for me by itself and yes, it was a matt finish but it lasted most of the morning on me.  I applied it again late in the afternoon for a doctor appt. I had and it last through that. I like this lipstick, and I think it has some good staying power, but in the morning I'm going to apply the clear gloss over it and see how it looks and how the staying power is with that on.  Will report back tomorrow.  I heard the vendor say to apply just the clear when you go to sleep, but I think she said that so you could get the plump lips from it.  I'm not really into having plump lips so I doubt I'll be sleeping with gloss on my lips.  I'll use it over my lipstick tomorrow.

Thanks for letting me know that the other color isn't a real dark bright color.  The mauve colors works best for me.  I'll try the other color in the morning with the gloss on.  Will report back in the evening when I get home.  

Honored Contributor

I'm going to try these a few times but I will probably return very soon. No good info on the site about how to get these to last. If anyone recalls what they said to get them to set, please let me know.

If they keep transferring to drinking glasses I am not interested. Nice color on my lips is what I want, don't need color on my drinking glasses. I'll call HSN to request free return shipping.

Honored Contributor

I'm returning the TS & canceling the other shade I ordered that hasn't shipped yet. 

I applied just the color and then waited over an hour to apply the gloss. Before applying the gloss I took a sip of water & there was still some transfer to the mug. I also had transfer to my hand when I pressed my lips against it. Adding the gloss on top made the transfer much worse. 

Regular Contributor

I got mine yesterday and I love mine!  I just put the shade Barely There on at 8:00 am before I walked out the door and my lips have looked so nice all morning and thru lunch and I just reapplied.  I didn't notice any transfer on my coffee cup or my water cup-I am always drinking something-but maybe it's because my color is so light.   The color I chose doesn't look like other matte lip products I've tried-they always look awfully dry, it's very nice and natural and soft.

I will say that this product really keeps my lips soft and moisturized for a long time.  I am always reaching for one of my hundreds of lip balms or glosses throughout the day and at night and when I wear this lip product I'm not doing that near as much. 

Honored Contributor

@pegsue - I also like that barely color. 

@Blingqueen023 - are you liking this lippie?

@willdob3 - too bad this isn't a winner for you. Always appreciate your reviews, TY.

I bought a different kit in April - just glosses in the clear, apricot & barely & love them!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@willdob3 - too bad this isn't a winner for you. Always appreciate your reviews, TY.

I bought a different kit in April - just glosses in the clear, apricot & barely & love them!

@Chi-town girl and @willdob3  I have to admit I cancelled the extra color I purchased.  I like the lip gloss and the clear lip gloss.  It does last for me for a couple of hours during the day, but then I have to reapply it.   I don't get a lot of transfer on coffee mugs in the morning.  Just a little.  Would I purchase this again?   No, only because I really don't see what's so wonderful about this compared to other liquid lipsticks I have.  It's not a bad product but I think it's just as good as if I was using another lipstick product that gives the same results. 

Honored Contributor

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Chi-town girl and @willdob3  I have to admit I cancelled the extra color I purchased.  I like the lip gloss and the clear lip gloss.  It does last for me for a couple of hours during the day, but then I have to reapply it.   I don't get a lot of transfer on coffee mugs in the morning.  Just a little.  Would I purchase this again?   No, only because I really don't see what's so wonderful about this compared to other liquid lipsticks I have.  It's not a bad product but I think it's just as good as if I was using another lipstick product that gives the same results. 

Thanks for the info on that product.  I wanted to try it, but I thought I'd wait for reviews.   I appreciate the information!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"