Valued Contributor

Too Faced Chocolate Gold Eyeshadow Palette Warning!

I just wanted to put this out there for anyone with allergies and sensitivities that this new Too Faced Chocolate Gold palette actually contains real gold! According to the Ingredient Dictionary on the Paula's Choice website,

[Gold is a] "Common sensitizer that can induce negative responses on skin, especially on the face and eyelids. Claims of gold helping to create electric charges in skin to trigger improvement in signs of aging are completely unproven."

Unfortunately, this is one Too Faced product that won't end up in my makeup collection. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Too Faced Chocolate Gold Eyeshadow Palette Warning!

Company sold status bombarding market with poor quality.  

Respected Contributor

It is a shame what they have done to this brand.  Too many releases.  Too many gimmicks that dont deliver quality. It is almost like they are neurotic or just trying to capitalize on the popularity of the brand.   I think they ruined the name.

I have seen swatches of this palette and the the colors look so pretty.  I dont need or want a palette infused with gold. I almost wish they would stop using fragrance in their palettes as well.

Respected Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

It is a shame what they have done to this brand.  Too many releases.  Too many gimmicks that dont deliver quality. It is almost like they are neurotic or just trying to capitalize on the popularity of the brand.   I think they ruined the name.

I have seen swatches of this palette and the the colors look so pretty.  I dont need or want a palette infused with gold. I almost wish they would stop using fragrance in their palettes as well.

I agree that TooFaced and IT Cosmetics we’re both sold and have put out a lot of products since being bought. I have no interest in this new palette. I don’t mind shimmer, but not an entire palette. 

Honored Contributor

Quickly capitalizing on the Brand Name value with inferior products.

Too bad.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras