Contributor

Too Faced Chocolate Bar--Worth the $$??

Hi ladies! I LOVE the Chocolate Bronzer (the cocoa scent is such a joy to use)--but I really don't need too many more eye shadows--is it something you would use daily? Good color payoff? Not too messy/grainy? Thanks all--that's why I love these boards! Happy Friday! Wink

Super Contributor

Re: Too Faced Chocolate Bar--Worth the $$??

Yes, to all your questions. If you like the color range, you will love the palette. First of all, it's an aluminum case, so it's sturdy and will protect the contents. And it looks like a candy bar! The box looks like a candy wrapper - so cute. The color payoff is good and the texture is creamy for a powder. There are enough choices to use it daily and not have constant repeats. There is some fall-out when you swipe the pan with your brush but not as much as many other popular brands. If you use a primer, there is not much or zero fallout onto your cheeks and under eye.

I found a good deal on mine on Ebay from a great seller who sells a lot of UD and Too Faced palettes. Fast, free shipping.

EmilyNoel just named it as one of her favorites in her Emily Awards for 2013. Maybe that's where you saw it? I love her and her annual award videos. This year was funny with Tyler doing the cut-ins!

Respected Contributor

I don't buy like I used to. I did buy the Naked 1 palette, but swapped it away. Didn't buy Naked 2 or 3. Have resisted most things that have gotten the makeup boards talking, but I finally caved & ordered the Chocolate Bar. I. Love. It. Eye shadows are my weakness & these are awesome!

Respected Contributor

Love it. Wore a very different look than I normally would last night, and it looked great. You can do sooooooooo many looks with it, too. Good color payoff with a primer, for me. HTH!
Super Contributor

I really want it too, have been trying to talk myself out of it for the last couple of weeks. I love nudes and browns that's pretty much all I wear.

Super Contributor

This palette is awesome! Beautiful creamy shades with the perfect amount of pigment. You get a little guide that shows you three different looks. The chocolate bar case is so darn cute & the cocoa scent is nice & light, just like the bronzer. Even the box is cute because its a candy wrapper. I've used this every day since I got it. Hard to say if you should get it if you say you don't need any eye shadows. I definitely have enough eye shadows to last me 9 lives, but I still got this & am glad I didn't pass this one by.
Contributor

Thanks, girls! I guess 'needing it' is not the issue--I want it, of course, and was hoping to hear some negatives to talk me out of it, but instead I want it even more, now! Oh well--I'll justify the splurge at some point in the future (the cocoa scent is the real kicker for me--LOVE IT)Cool--Thanks for your great reviews--sounds like a winner!!

Contributor

Too Faced has a definite winner with this palette. Love it and have used it everyday since I bought it. I used my 20% off coupon and bought it at Ulta. Almost $10.00 off. Smiley Happy User friendly colors and look great on, even on my 62 year old eyes!!! Smile

Valued Contributor

On 1/31/2014 erica g said:

I really want it too, have been trying to talk myself out of it for the last couple of weeks. I love nudes and browns that's pretty much all I wear.

I'm right there with you. I had no business getting this palette. My Ulta coupon was expiring this weekend. Today I called Ulta and they only had one. I panicked and caved. I had her hold it and I drove straight there. LOL. I did resist it for quite a while. If you love browns its definitely a comfort zone palette. Smiley Happy
Frequent Contributor

YES, it's definitely worth the $ !!! IMO, it's the best shadow palette that Too Faced has ever made. The nudes and browns in this one are way above average.