Honored Contributor

I've had this tube of tret for a few days but just got around to using it tonight. I put my Tatcha peony eye cream and Tatcha night moisturizer on top.  Absolutely zero side effects from the 025%. Let's see how I do with double strength.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Tonight I graduated to 05%

@monicakm wrote:

I've had this tube of tret for a few days but just got around to using it tonight. I put my Tatcha peony eye cream and Tatcha night moisturizer on top.  Absolutely zero side effects from the 025%. Let's see how I do with double strength.

Where did you get your tret ?  How long did you stay on on the .025 ?

Honored Contributor

@monicakm   Congrats! Seems like your skin is adjusting. I use a bit of Aquafor around nostrils, corners of eyes and mouth as a barrier before application to protect from any irritation. 

I use the 1%, but wise to move up gradually...YAY for you.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus

Used it last night, no problems this morning but I know it can still happen. I think I'll wait and see if I'm going to have any adverse reaction. Maybe since I didn't with the retinol or with the lower percentage tret, I wa

wont with this.. maybe.  I did use tatcha night cream and peony eye cream on top of it.  I'll report back if anything rude happens.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@monicakm 

If you have any of your .025 left then alternate using that in between the times of .05 applications. In other words, alternate using both strengths until the .025 is used up.

I think I've may have already mentioned that before.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee 

You did and and thank you. I think I'm going to, with trepidation,  carry on with the .05 until/ if I see any issues.  If my face becomes a hot mess, you can say I told you so 😏 

Honored Contributor

I used it for Ance in my 20's not sure my delicate skin could tolerate it now

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@sktchy 

• My family doctor called it in for me. I'm sorry, I don't recall how long I've been using it but I'm not quite finished with the Small Tube. And when I say small I'm guessing about four and a half long tube?? It was smaller than the tubes I used to see my mother use.  I never had any side effects from the .025% so that's why I asked him to up the strength.
Trusted Contributor

@monicakm  - Thanks for answering back !  I have a Dermatologist appointment Wednesday AM and I will ask her about prescribing me a tube.

I had 2 treatments of 'Chemo Cream' over 2 winters.  It has been a while (years) but the results were wonderful but the 'side effects' - redness, peeling where severe.

Esteemed Contributor

@monicakm maybe I misunderstand, but do you actually want to see side effects like redness or peeling? I would think that having none is a good thing. The product could still work without unfortunate side effects. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain