Esteemed Contributor

Re: Toni wigs look so different on her than on the models

You are right @Effie54  the wigs are totally different. They are probably custom made and styled for her.

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SoCal Bred wrote:

Little off topic, speaking of Ingabord on HSN, has anyone ever noticed that when the vendor for the Gabor wigs (I forget his name) is in the studio and Ingabord is modeling, he is constantly touching her on the shoulders, squeezing, patting, etc., I am assuming she recently got married, he keeps bringing up the fact that she is now married, maybe he has a crush on her, anyway, he just creeps me out.

Martino Cartier is his name. He's actually a good guy. He founded 'Wigs & Wishes', a nonprof for people and kids with cancer.

That is wonderful cause, so good for him. Just keep in mind he could still be a creep.

Frequent Contributor

Heat friendly wigs like Toni sells require styling and product out of the box.  It also takes a skill to finger style a wig.  Although it looks very easy, its something that you must learn, unless you're one who already finger styles their bio hair. Models have modeling skills not always hair styling skills.  Toni on the other hand is very skilled at working her wigs.  I also think she's used heat brush and wig wax to keep styles more fixed so that she can pop them on and mess with them a little to get them looking great. I ordered one of Toni's wigs this past visit and will be returning it.  I had weird shaping of the weft at the crown, it pooched up a little and you could easily see two rows of weft.  The wig looked bald on top almost like a couple rows of weft were missing.  The fiber was dull and dry.  Heat friendly fibers are not usually long lived wig fibers and of all synthetics they're the ones that go first.  I don't know what possessed me to order the wig - I have several Henry Margu wigs lace front mono cap that are so incredibly real looking.  I guess I was looking for a work horse wig I could wear out around the yard tending my gardens and being budget priced I wouldn't get too upset if it only lasted the summer

@Effie54 wrote:

I've noticed during the Toni Brattin wig presentations that the wigs always look pretty decent on Tony herself, but they look awful and so fake on the hosts and models. 

- people invariably stop by when I'm looking my worst.

Frequent Contributor

She looked like she had a cone head.