Esteemed Contributor

Toni wigs look so different on her than on the models

I've noticed during the Toni Brattin wig presentations that the wigs always look pretty decent on Tony herself, but they look awful and so fake on the hosts and models. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Toni wigs look so different on her than on the models

[ Edited ]

People with small heads appear to look better in wigs than those with large heads or people with a lot of natural hair underneath. I heard Toni say once that she has a small head. 

Esteemed Contributor

It's not the head size, it's the style, overall quality and shiny doll hair look. On Toni, it looks like an entirely different wig. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Toni puts styling products in her wigs to make them look less shiny plus I suspect that her's have been trimmed also.

ETA-

I'm almost certain that Toni wears HER own wigs (pre-styled/cut) and not the ones from the studio set/Qvc warehouse.

Honored Contributor

also Toni knows how to properly put on a wig and the hosts don't 

Honored Contributor

Also, I think a lot has to do with how much real hair you have underneath.  It looks to me like the flatter to your scalp you can get your own hair the better the wigs will look.  So many of the models have a conspicuous bump on the top of their heads once the wigs are on that just doesn't look like natural hair.  

And the models don't always style the wigs well.  I often want to just reach through the screen and push some of the hair out of their eyes and off the face!😄

Plus as @SilleeMee said, Toni probably has her own wigs she wears that are cut for her along with the styling products she uses so she has an advantage.

Honored Contributor

These wig shows drive me insane!! NO ONE uses a brush or comb and mirror,  to make wigs look better--you can't just pull  one on and expect it to look "real"!!! I had 3 wigs going thru chemo--- they were not very pricey, but I looked fabulous in them and they looked great on me!! But you have to work with them, look in a mirror, use a comb  and hair spray, just like you would with your own hair!!! Toni looks good because she knows how to handle them----just wish she would sit one model down and work with it on her head!!!

Respected Contributor

@Effie54 wrote:

I've noticed during the Toni Brattin wig presentations that the wigs always look pretty decent on Tony herself, but they look awful and so fake on the hosts and models. 

Im surprised Toni allowed Leah's wig to look like that. I kept waiting fir her to fuss with it to make it look better. I stopped waiting. Leah's wig no bueno IMO. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

One time I had on a hair piece (a 'fall' type half-wig) that I thought looked good on me. But then my friend saw me wearing it one day and said it looked "wiggy". So after that...you guessed it, I never wore it again.

What are good friends for? To tell you that your wig looks wiggy. Thanks to that.

Esteemed Contributor

@Effie54 I haven't seen any Toni presentation in a while, but she has said her hair dye color is the same as the wig.  So the wigs are designed for her.  Customized wigs always look better!