Trusted Contributor

I use a toner each time I cleanse my face which is twice a day.  I wouldn't be without it.  It removes what my cleanser forgot.  I use Dickinson's Toner with Rose Water.  Smells super good.   Really affordable at $6 bucks for 16 ounces. 

Honored Contributor

@marmarbrooklyn 

Agreed 100%!  @JudyL  needs to find a toner/essence without drying alcohol, one that has hydrating properties.  Toners of late have been turning more into essences...the line between the two products are blurring as we're discovering that that tight dry feeling we used to think was "a good thing" is NOT a good thing.  I don't know if the link will stay or the Q will zap it.  The sky is the limit when it comes to prices for essences.  The one I use is Missha Time Revolution The First Treatment.  It's $30 on Amazon.  Don't recall the size of the bottle but it's big.  SK II is in the $200 range Smiley Surprised  I was reading an article from Business Insider and it listed the Missha brand as #1 overall.

https://www.businessinsider.com/best-facial-essence  or you can use the following words

to search 

(business insider missha time revolution).  I keep two small spray bottles.  One in the kitchen fridge and one at the other end of the house in my bathroom skincare fridge.  It's the first thing I spray on before AM and PM routines.  If I'm feeling dry or just feel my face needs a boost during the day, I'll use it again.  The one I have is a Korean brand and is rice based

Honored Contributor

@JudyL 

One more thing, double cleansing is suggested.  And it's suggest that an oil cleanse is the first cleansing.  A toner isn't meant to remove what makeup is left after cleansing because the 2X cleanse should get everything.  If it's not, you might want to  look into what  you're using to clean your face.

Honored Contributor

Thank you everyone for your input!  Lots of good information as usual.

Trusted Contributor

i've been using a toner since i was a teen. it really cleans my face after i've washed it. i use it at night only. i tried to stop using it before, just to see if it made a difference, and i broke out immediately. haven't stopped since. 

Valued Contributor

@monicakm 

hi Yes Missa is a great brand  I actually buy my K Beauty from IHerb.com . They have a huge selection of K-Beauty brands including Missa , Cosrx,Innisfree  and one of my faves Pyunkang yul. They have fast delivery ,good prices and  they also are on Ebates (Rakuten ) . I always buy my vitamins there but Dr. Dray had a few videos on K-Beauty and mentioned them , I never even looked for beauty products there . Have a great day .

Esteemed Contributor

I have posted before I am addicted to Dr. Hauschka Facial Toner. I love the way it makes my skin feel after applying and the smell is divine (not sweet, not flowery, just kind of holistic).

It's a little pricey at $37 + tax for 3.4 ounces, but to me it is so worth it.

Trusted Contributor

@JudyL 

On the item pages for Paula's toners, there's information about what each one does. Here's one example.

pc toner.PNG

Honored Contributor

I use two different products as a toning step, one in the morning and one in the evening.  I believe in the benefits they provide and also use them as a vehicle to help my serums penetrate better.  In the morning, I use a true rosewater made from distilled rose petals (Alteya), not just water with rose fragrance.  At night I use a Korean essence. 

Honored Contributor

@Caffeina - thank you!  Didn't even think about looking on Paula's Choice website for info.  Going there now to see what it says about the toner I'm using.