Trusted Contributor

Re: Tomorrow’s Nail Design - Yes?/No?

@JeanLouiseFinch  That used to be the case a long time ago to see if your nail beds were cyanotic. Now they put an oxygen reader on one of your fingers. Thank heavens for that invention. So many women get gel manicures as well as regular ones. Such a shame to have them ruined for a simple procedure. ProgressWoman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@Queen of shop wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch  That used to be the case a long time ago to see if your nail beds were cyanotic. Now they put an oxygen reader on one of your fingers. Thank heavens for that invention. So many women get gel manicures as well as regular ones. Such a shame to have them ruined for a simple procedure. ProgressWoman Very Happy

I'd still check, just to be sure. 

Honored Contributor

@SurferWife 

I love this --- gorgeous!  I think this would look pretty on all of your nails! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Yes I love it especially for special occasions. It wouldn't last for me on a daily basis. 💕💕

Respected Contributor

@SurferWife 

Oh I like it!  I do not do my fingers but love to do fun things with my toes!  And we are finally warming up here in Illinois so I can think about what to do with my toes!  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Queen of shop wrote:

I'd still check, just to be sure. 

I agree. i would check. My concern would be a nick and infection getting in. Regardless of how clean the salon is bacteria lives on our skin.

Honored Contributor

Gorgeous @SurferWife !

Valued Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@monicakm  You might want to check with your surgeon about that first.   Anytime I was to have surgery, I was told no fake nails or polish.  The anesthesiologist and other surgical personnel watch the patient's nails as a way to monitor their oxygen. 

Hello!  I just had a 5 hour colon surgery 3 weeks ago. I did not have to remove my gel nails. They were a french with a light glitter tip.  As far as a pedicure, I had that too prior to the surgery but honestly, my feet were covered with the grippy socks and they shooed me home 3 days after surgery.  Hope that helps!

Honored Contributor

@OKPrincess 

My nails last 5 weeks (hard gel nails + gel polish).  Are you really hard on your nails?

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This manicure is really pretty.  If it were me, I'd probably postpone and do it around Memorial Day or July 4th, unless you have something else already in mind for those holidays.