Contributor

Tom Ford Traceless Foundation Stick Review

I have been using this for a week. I am a fan of stick foundations. It sells for $80, but you get a lot of product. It gives nice coverage and you can go from sheer to full. I have normal to drier skin in the winter and this is perfect.

I purchased this in the 05 Natural and it's lighter than the Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Stick in Warm Beige 3.5. In my opinion, there is no comparison to the BB stick foundation. This is a far superior product. You also get almost twice the amount of product. The Beauty Professor does a good job with the swatches. The foundation is lighter than what appears on the TF website.

I use Hour Glass Veil Mineral Primer under the TF foundation. I also use IT Cosmetics Celebration Foundation Illumination in medium as my finishing powder. With the TF foundation my skin is dewy all day and actually looks even better at the end of the day. I'm not sure how it would work with oily skin types.

It's my new favorite foundation, so if anyone is in the market for a good foundation you may want to try this. Now, if only I can find a good pair of fitting jeans and a bathing suit . . .

Super Contributor

Re: Tom Ford Traceless Foundation Stick Review

Thanks for your review. This foundation gets awesome reviews and I am certainly intrigued by it..just not sure about color. Natural looks a bit dark for me but I don't see a shade in the lighter options that will work either. My skin is a true ""light""...not fair or medium but right in the middle. My undertones are neutral to slightly yellow. In your opinion do you think the Natural would be workable for me? Thanks.
Super Contributor

I've read about TF, and the reviews are very good. Glad you found something you like.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for your review. I'm interested in trying his concealer but it didn't get great reviews on Nordstroms website. I did buy his lipstick in Casablanca Saturday. I read a lot of reviews on MUA and on Nordstroms & Saks websites and a majority of reviewers said the lipstick was so much over and above any other brand that they had ever used and well worth the money. For me, it is very moisturizing on my dry lips, the color is very smooth and pigmented, it is hydrating and moisturizing on my lips and it stays put. I've had coffee & eaten a muffin and it did not wear off. I plan to buy another one so I can mix the colors with the ones already in my bag so I can use up the brands where either the color wasn't right for me or they were too drying.

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Contributor

peace6576: I have yellow undertones and am more of a light/medium. I would check out the Makeup Professor's swatches in different lighting. If you purchase from Sak's or Nordstom's website you can always return it to the store if it doesn't work out.

UMDTerpFan: Thanks for the lipstick review. I may have to purchase one!

Trusted Contributor

I use this in Fawn. I wasn't sure at first but I love it. I combine it with his Liquid traceless foundation which I use first then place the stick over the areas that need additional coverage. Blends beautifully and stays put.

Regular Contributor

I have this and it's pure perfection. I also have the perfecting and it's amazing as well. I use the liquid and go back over my areas that need more coverage. Flawless.
Occasional Contributor

This foundation is awesome! The best. I have very fair skin so I am happy with alabaster. Much better consistency than Bobbie Brown. Nordstrom is free shipping so that is where I shop for many items including Beauty products. Absolutely, no problems with returns at any time.

Trusted Contributor

On 1/12/2015 GHM said:

peace6576: I have yellow undertones and am more of a light/medium. I would check out the Makeup Professor's swatches in different lighting. If you purchase from Sak's or Nordstom's website you can always return it to the store if it doesn't work out.

UMDTerpFan: Thanks for the lipstick review. I may have to purchase one!

You are welcome GHM. I went back to Nordies today and bought the Indian Rose lippie. I may have to buy another one-more a beigey nude so I can mix all the colors I have in my purse as most of them are either not a color I like or are not moisturizing enough. I have a Saks gift card I may use or wait till I get another Nordies note for my next purchase. But so far I am really liking the Tom Ford line of lipsticks. The only other lipstick I've really liked and would repurchase before I bought the TF lipsticks is Laura Mercier's Brown Sugar. That one is very emollient on my lips but the color doesn't have as much staying power.

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!