Frequent Contributor

Today's FOTD June 25th - what's on your Sunday face?

[ Edited ]

Covergirl Health Elixir Foundation, 725 and 745 (first time)
Mally Cancelation Concealer Light Medium
Ardell Brow Powder Medium Brown
Make Up For Ever Aqua XL shadow in M56 as lid wash (love)
Bobbi Brown cream shadow in Bone under brow
Rimmel Moisture Renew lipstick 130 Coral Garden (no taste yay!)
Clinique Almost Powder Medium (made everything look heavy)
L'Oreal Lash Paradise mascara, regular and waterproof (first time)

Purity
Timeless Vitamin C 20%

Dr Denese Hydroshield Eye Emulsion
Paula's Choice Resist Super Light Wrinkle Defense SPF 30

IMG_2664[1].JPG

Respected Contributor

Re: Today's FOTD June 25th - what's on your Sunday face?

@Lulu Bea - Youtubers had mixed feelings about the new Covergirl Elixir - how do you like it?  Is it light, medium, or full coverage - one youtuber put three coats on and looked absolutely horrible - she said that was the only way she could get full coverage.  Seems like it would be great if you don't like a lot of coverage. 

Respected Contributor

They were also trying out a new mascara from covergirl with a weird wand - they hated the wand, but liked the formula - have you tried it?

Honored Contributor

No makeup today, just stayed home, napped and watched tv. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Esteemed Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

@Lulu Bea - Youtubers had mixed feelings about the new Covergirl Elixir - how do you like it?  Is it light, medium, or full coverage - one youtuber put three coats on and looked absolutely horrible - she said that was the only way she could get full coverage.  Seems like it would be great if you don't like a lot of coverage. 

@hoosieroriginal  I was just gonna ask that!!  Some say that it doesn't hold up all day.  And weren't they saying there was a strong scent?  (Can't remember.)

"Legend has it there was a scent to this foundation, and not one that a lot of folks liked." 

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

Today is my first time wearing it. I don't look for full coverage in a foundation but I know it does make that claim. I used about 1/2 pump per side of face, maybe a little more. I can't really do a review. 

I didn't put this in my face of the day because I plan to film a separate review on the Kate Somerville SPF 50 UncompliKated Soft Focus Makeup Spray. It made my face completely feel heavy with product and made me glowy, similar to MAC Fix Plus and many other setting sprays meant to leave a dewy finish. Not for me but epecially because I feel it and I did not spray a lot at all! Even if I wanted to review, this UncopliKated makes it impossible for me. 

P.S. and by the way, for any product to give you the stated SPF, you need to use HALF TEASPOON for face and neck. No way in heck are you getting SPF 50 unless you spray this for several minutes non-stop. I don't think so!

IMG_2669[1].JPG

Frequent Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

They were also trying out a new mascara from covergirl with a weird wand - they hated the wand, but liked the formula - have you tried it?

I haven't tried it out. It was BOGO 50% and I bought two foundation for color match. I was tempted to do one foundation and the mascara!

Esteemed Contributor

@Lulu Bea  Do you have a YouTube channel?  Not to pry.  No need to go into detail if you do and don't want to tell us the name.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Frequent Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:
 "Legend has it there was a scent to this foundation, and not one that a lot of folks liked." 

It does have a scent. I know this scent and I can't put my finger on it. If this were a wine, I would say it is a dry floral. On my hand, the scent stayed for about 30 minut. es, maybe longer but I had it on thick and sniffed every so often. On my face, it lasted about 5 minutes probably because I had a thinner coat plus my nose got used to it? Scent is personal. I'm glad it went away but it would not prevent me from wearing it unlike other scents. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

FOTD is foundation of the day?

Anyway:

Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection SPF 50

Urban Decay Original shade eyeshadow primer

L'Oreal Brow Stylist Definer in Brunette shade

Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner on lower lashes in Sabbath shade

Lancôme Golden Amanda eyeshadow on below brow 

Lancome It List eyeshadow at crease

Lancome Mochaccino and Pose eyeshadows on lids

Urban Decay Razor Sharp eyeliner in Push shade at upper lashes

L'Oreal Voluminous Primer on lashes