Honored Contributor

Today's Beauty Shopping Haul!

[ Edited ]

Went to CVS to get a prescription refill and as I was walking out of the store, I heard my name being called ever so softly and gently from the beauty section - not really!  LOL  It was all in my head.

Anyway at CVS I bought:

Maybelline Lifter Gloss in Reef - have heard about these and wanted to try one

Maybelline Brightener Age Rewind - going to try this again.  Last time it was not the brightener one though so maybe I'll like this better?  

L'Oreal Colour Riche in Berry Parisianne - this shade is a real 'step out of the box" try for me.  It looks pretty but its pretty dark so will see how I like it.  It's very berry - purple-y red. 

L'Oreal Colour Riche in Sugar Plum.  This looked just a tad darker than the Saucy Mauve but when I put a bit on the back of my hand at home, its much more pink/coral.  Had to look and make I picked up the right one cuz the color doesn't look anything like the end of the tube.

Then I went to Sephora:  

Thank goodness I did!  I wanted to try the Born that Way foundation for a while and since it was on sale, well why not.  So was shade matched and got the shade Pearl.  Thank goodness I didn't pick the shade I thought I would need.  Goodness be, that would have been way too dark. 

Charlotte Tillbury Flawess Filter - again so glad I went in cuz I would have picked the wrong color there too. Bought the shade 2.5 Fair/Pale.  Have been wanting to try this for so long and finally caved.

Urban Decay N*ked 3 mini palette.  This looks right up my alley.  Much more so than the N*ked 2 palette.  They are totally different palettes in color but I think I'll use the Mini 3 palette more.  If so, I can always donate the Mini 2.

That's it!  A little poorer but so many new things to play with!

UPDATE:  The one no-go is the Berry lipstick.  It is definitely not for me. Scared myself when I looked in a mirror.  The other two lippies - Sugar Plum and Reef lip gloss are definite keepers.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Today's Beauty Shopping Haul!

OMG!  maybe next time you should have your prescription delivered!!  have fun playing with your new purchases!

Honored Contributor

@nana59 - LOL you are probably right!

Respected Contributor

@JudyL wrote:

Went to CVS to get a prescription refill and as I was walking out of the store, I heard my name being called ever so softly and gently from the beauty section - not really!  LOL  It was all in my head.

Anyway at CVS I bought:

Maybelline Brightener Age Rewind - going to try this again.  Last time it was not the brightener one though so maybe I'll like this better?  

L'Oreal Colour Riche in Berry Parisianne - this shade is a real 'step out of the box" try for me.  It looks pretty but its pretty dark so will see how I like it.  It's very berry - purple-y red. 

L'Oreal Colour Riche in Sugar Plum.  This looked just a tad darker than the Saucy Mauve but when I put a bit on the back of my hand at home, its much more pink/coral.  Had to look and make I picked up the right one cuz the color doesn't look anything like the end of the tube.

Then I went to Sephora:  

Thank goodness I did!  I wanted to try the Born that Way foundation for a while and since it was on sale, well why not.  So was shade matched and got the shade Pearl.  Thank goodness I didn't pick the shade I thought I would need.  Goodness be, that would have been way too dark. 

Charlotte Tillbury Flawess Filter - again so glad I went in cuz I would have picked the wrong color there too. Bought the shade 2.5 Fair/Pale.  Have been wanting to try this for so long and finally caved.

Urban Decay N*ked 3 mini palette.  This looks right up my alley.  Much more so than the N*ked 2 palette.  They are totally different palettes in color but I think I'll use the Mini 3 palette more.  If so, I can always donate the Mini 2.

I am in love with that flawless filter!  I've been using shade 3 which seems to work pretty well on me.   You can wear it over or under of mix it with your regular foundation or you can wear it by itself.  That is what I have been doing lately.  Enjoy all of your goodies!

Honored Contributor

@JudyL My goodness you were busy! Have fun with your new goodies.

Honored Contributor

@Roni18 wrote:

@JudyL wrote:

Anyway at CVS I bought:

Then I went to Sephora:  

I am in love with that flawless filter!  I've been using shade 3 which seems to work pretty well on me.   You can wear it over or under of mix it with your regular foundation or you can wear it by itself.  That is what I have been doing lately.  Enjoy all of your goodies!

@Roni18 Thanks for letting me know how much you like it.  I thought for sure that I would be shade 3 but the SA at Sephora was right 2.5 is better for me.  Thought it would be too light but when I tried it at home it blended in so nicely and I loved how it looked.

Super Contributor

@JudyL sounds fun!  Love haul days!!  I also have the CT Hollywood Filter & enjoy using it different ways. Have fun playing 😊

Honored Contributor

Thanks @RooRoo - tomorrow I'm meeting my daughter so am going to use everything - the new foundation, CT flawless filter, eyeshadow palette and one of the new lippies.

Honored Contributor

@JudyL 

Hearing voices huh?  Won't be long now!  It sounds like you went bananas...I love it!  

What type of skin do  you have?  Are you oily, normal or dry?  I'm dry and texture free but use a lot of moisturizing and hydrating products before apply makeup.  I bought the Born This Way foundation but it won't be here till mid-week.  Anxious to hear how you like it.  I would have normally bought the Light Beige (based on their color description of Light with Neutral Undertones) but I went with Natural Beige (light-medium w/ neutral undertones).  I bet I end up returning it Smiley Sad  Bought color #230 in the Fenty Pro Filt'r Hydrating Foundation.  It's the same color I use in her powder foundation.  

Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Filter...on a scale of 1-10, how glowy is it?  (On me) I've always associated a glowy look with a sweaty look Smiley Surprised  And does it really give a flawless filtered look?  I really don't want to add more layers of product on my face so it'll have to be something extra special and light weight.

Got the DIOR BACKSTAGE FACE & BODY POWDER-NO-POWDER on Friday and wore it to Dallas on Sat.  Bought 2N based on what I read and saw on their website.  It looks a bit dark in the pan.  I applied it with a fluffy brush and used it sparingly.  The 1N looked too light on the models but not the pan.  I'll have to use it again when I'm not so rushed but I think it's the right color.

With three days of truck shopping in brutal heat all 3 Fenty foundations held up beautifully, BUT, the combo that still (I still have it on right now 17 hours later) wins hands down, no if ands or buts about it, was Saturdays application of HG primer-Fenty Pro Filt'r Longwear Matte Foundation-Dior Face and Body Backstage Powder No Powder (Perfecting translucent powder - blurring effect, natural radiant finish - mattifying long-wear) and Urban Decay's All Nighter Setting Spray.  And the reason I can say "hands down, no if ands or buts about it" is this...not only did it stand up (like the others did) while car shopping, but we passed an Ulta we could easily get to and DH stopped to let me shop.  I hadn't sweated a drop, NOT A DROP all day till I got in that store and almost immediately my face broke out in a sweat.  By the time someone asked me if there was anything she could help me with, I was a  soggy, (literally) dripping mess Smiley Sad  "Noooo, theres nothing you can help me with" I whined.  "What's wrong?" she asked.  "I don't see anything I want or need that I don't already haaaaave" I whined again.  She laughed and laughed while I stood there in a puddle.  I finally thought of a couple things I wanted to look at in the Dior line but they don't carry Dior.  So I thought of Charolette TiIbury...again a line they don't carry.  Well how about the new Fall MAC eyeshadow collection.  They're not getting it.  THIS IS WHY I MUCH PREFER SEPHORA!   Almost bought some Marc Jacobs perfume but when she said it was $139, uh, no.  I had to get out of there.  My shirt was wet from me dabbing my face so much.  Got in the car and used a paper towel to dry my face.  Stopped for dinner on the way home, took care of the dogs and fell in bed a little after 6.  Woke up at 1am.  MY MAKEUP STILL LOOKS GOOD!  My blush is still on after 17 hours, foundation, eye makeup (took off my lashes before I laid down).  I still have color on my lips and lids Smiley Surprised  Come to think of it, this sounds more like a rave for UD's All Nighter (I don't always remember to use it), and I did reapply lip crayon and pencil gloss several times.  This was such a pretty combo with my pink shirt...

The lighter color

ColourPop Virtually Obsessed duo

With this on top, Girlaktic 3-in-1 Lip Sparkle Balm in Twinkle...

I ended up buying no makeup!  Oh, Kayali Vanilla Coco perfume showed up Friday as well and I just repurchased a set of Colourpop lip crayons like in the photo above. 

Huda Beauty Kayali Utopia Vanilla Coco

Honored Contributor

@monicakm - sounds like you had quite the day!  What a testament to your makeup!