Honored Contributor

Re: Today's Beauty Shopping Haul!

@monicakm Realized I didn't answer your questions re the Born This Way foundation or the CT Flawless Filter.  I have light to medium skin tone with pink undertone although I can also go with neutral undertone.  Tend to lean more towards medium rather than light.  Would say my skin is more on the dry side - certainly not oily except for eyelids.  Online I also chose the Natural Beige but when I got to the store and saw it, it was way too dark for me.  When the SA did the color match to my neck, we chose Pearl.  Now when I got home and put it on, it was, to me, just a bit too light for my taste so added a very teeny amount of my L'Oreal natural buff foundation and it was perfect.  I used a damp sponge for application and this foundation blended in so nicely and evenly and gave decent coverage.  Although because I was just testing it out, I didn't use as much as I normally would. Its definitely would be an easily buildable foundation. So I will either return the Pearl and get a bit warmer foundation or will use it up mixed with a bit of the L'Oreal foundation.  Driving to Sephora for the return will depend on my laziness. LOL

Now for the CT Flawless Filter. Again online I would have chosen the #3 but the SA thought 2.5 would be better and he was right.  I will use this as a highlighter not all over the face. Haven't really used it with makeup but when I got home I had to put a little bit on just to see what it was like.  It blended in very nicely and gave me a subtle wonderful glow even on bare skin.  It didn't look "sweaty" or anything like that.  How it would look used all over the face, I don't know.  

Hope this helps.

Honored Contributor

Yes, it did help.  Thank you Smiley Happy  I have a light to light-med coloring too (w/ N).  It depends on the brand but mostly I buy light.  Sounds like I'm going to like the formula but not the color Smiley Sad

As for driving to Sephora to return it, don't.  Call or chat with them and they'll send you a pre-paid mailing label.

CT...I have plenty of highlighters in all color ranges so sounds like I can skip this one Smiley Happy  Thanks again!

Honored Contributor

I love the Born this Way foundation but I really, really love the concealer.

Let me know what you think the Maybelline brightener.  I'm using that now to use it up but I don't like it at all.  When I'm done with this, no more Instant Age Rewind concealer for me.  This is the third shade I'm trying and it just doesn't work for me.  LOL

I love the Maybelline Lifter Glosses. Total dupe for the Fenty Gloss bombs.  I don't have the color Reef.  Yet.  

Enjoy all your purchases!

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

Yes, it did help.  Thank you Smiley Happy  I have a light to light-med coloring too (w/ N).  It depends on the brand but mostly I buy light.  Sounds like I'm going to like the formula but not the color Smiley Sad

As for driving to Sephora to return it, don't.  Call or chat with them and they'll send you a pre-paid mailing label.

CT...I have plenty of highlighters in all color ranges so sounds like I can skip this one Smiley Happy  Thanks again!

@monicakm went back to Sephora today - its very close by - and got re-matched for the Born This Way foundation.  I went one shade up from Pearl and was matched to Porcelain.  It is a much better match and I'm happy.  I always thought I was rosy toned but the Porcelain - which is neutral - looked much better on me.  Thought you might want to know as a point of reference for when you get yours.

Honored Contributor

@JudyL 

I suspect I went a bit too dark anyway.  I shouldn't done that.  The sugar made me do it!  You are quite a bit lighter than me. I should have ordered Light Beige instead of Natural Beige Smiley Sad

Did you wear it today?  I just put on some Benefit Tinted Hydrating Primer and mom commented on how nice my face looked.  It really didn't change anything other than to make my face look more even (but barely).

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@JudyL 

I suspect I went a bit too dark anyway.  I shouldn't done that.  The sugar made me do it!  You are quite a bit lighter than me. I should have ordered Light Beige instead of Natural Beige Smiley Sad

Did you wear it today?  I just put on some Benefit Tinted Hydrating Primer and mom commented on how nice my face looked.  It really didn't change anything other than to make my face look more even (but barely).

@monicakm  haven't put on any makeup yet but was going to try out the foundation today.  I am not that light - at least in all other foundations I wear a darker shade - usually light/medium cool toned and sometimes even a medium.  But Born This Way I am a lighter shade.  Never have I ever worn Porcelain anything in makeup.  LOL  Shows how different companies make their foundation shades.  Anyway, will report back how it goes today.

Honored Contributor

@JudyL 

Gives me hope that maybe I didn't order a shade too dark.