Honored Contributor

Re: Today’s (5/20) Nail Appt.

@Still Raining 

I have it on my toes, too!  It's such a pretty color.  I'm having one big toe treated for an ingrown nail, so I only have 9 pretty toes right now. Here's what 5 of them look like. 🤪

IMG_0936.jpeg

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

Very pretty color @SurferWife 

I'm going to stick with having pedicures done at a salon and doing my own manicures. I bought that Sally Hansen double duty. And I'm still using the Kiara clear based glitter polish. I can't believe how well the Sally Hansen double duty works.  Without it, this glitter polish starts flaking off the same day I put it on. I did my nails 3 days ago and there's not a chip one.

Honored Contributor

@SurferWife 

Such pretty, well cared for feet my dear.

Valued Contributor

@SurferWife Pretty in Pink... beautiful and I also admired your rings....gorgeous!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SurferWife  very pretty indeed.  Do you use "gel" or the "dip" manicure or is that just a regular manicure?

I tried "gel" for my trip to Europe.  It lasted until one nail chipped somewhat after day 9.  I expected it to last at least 2 weeks as I wasn't getting my hands wet, etc.

I will do it for vacations but other than that stick with regular polish.

It's very hard on the nails and they thin out terribly.  I've seen it on the ladies beside me but they are hooked on it and I get it.

Ps.  getting the "gel" off is another drawn out situation.  They put balls soaked with cutex remover over each nail, wrap each one in tin foil for half an hour.  Look's like "Edward Scissorhands". lol.

Honored Contributor

@Pink123 

I have hard gel nails with gel polish on top.  My manicure lasts 5 weeks.  I just have gel polish on my toes and they last 5 weeks as well.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Trusted Contributor

Really, its very pretty.  I wonder why it didn't last on me.  Maybe the tech left the nail bed too greasy?

I would do it if it lasted 5 weeks.  Thanks!

Honored Contributor

@SurferWife - Thank you for posting the pics of your beautiful manicure and pedicure and hands and feet! I love that pink- it's perfect for May! Like everyone else I think your rings are "the cherries on top" ! How special to be able to wear a ring of your aunt's!  Smiley Happy

I do my own nails, but get pedicures. Right before Mothers' Day I was really busy so I splurged on a manicure too. Here's the color mine are now (although I will be painting my nails tomorrow afternoon- my pretty bubblegum polish is chipping!) 

OPI "I Quit My Day Job" - Summer 2023

IMG_2388.jpeg

Respected Contributor

@SurferWife  PINK is the pantone color of the year and I like that it is not washed out but has some life to it!

Respected Contributor

@SurferWife Beautiful shade of pink for nails.  I sometimes miss my gel nails, but since semi-retiring, I can't justify the cost or stress to my nails.  Add in that I live on a small farm, with pasture animals and, well, better to go natural.   Always enjoy seeing your nail choices though.  

BTW, my older sister received our aunt's "antique" wedding ring.  Similar to yours but has 4 1/2 carat diamonds in a circle surrounding another center 1/2 carat in white gold.   She is my aunt's namesake, so she got the old wedding ring.  Old rings are so interesting and have such personality.  I think yours is quite beautiful and it's nice to see that it continues to be worn.  

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.