Respected Contributor

Re: Today’s (5/20) Nail Appt.

@KingstonMom wrote:

@rockygems123 wrote:

@SurferWifeBeautiful!  Perfect in every way, color and others have said shape and length.  What is the color?

And your ring is similar to a ring I recently purchased, art deco era. Is yours vintage or vintage style?

@rockygems123 

Mind if I ask where you purchased a similar ring? TIA!

@KingstonMom Sorry reply took so long, finally got back on here.  I'm a jewelry dealer and I rescued the ring, a fellow dealer was going to harvest the stones and melt the platinum.  About 100 year old ring, would have been a shame.  

Respected Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@rockygems123 

I don't know the name of the nail color.  I only looked at the color swatch, not the actual bottle.  I would consider it a pink rose color.

My ring was my aunt's wedding ring.  She passed it down to my Mama and my Mama passed it down to me.  I wear it as my wedding ring now, even though I also have my Mama's wedding ring.  I really love the low profile.

@SurferWife That is wonderful that it is a family piece!  As I was mentioning to @KingstonMom the one I recently purchased was going to be destroyed, harvesting the stones and melting the platinum.  I'm giving it a good home Smiley Happy  A lot of jewelry doesn't stay in the family, it is heartwarming you have kept yours.

Respected Contributor

@rockygems123  Wonderful to hear of your rescue!  I am currently wearing an antique (later 1940's) green diamond set in platinum as my wedding ring.  I chose "recycling" a ring rather than buying a new one for my 25th anniversay.   I found an estate ring and fell in love with the color (I had planned to get a yellow diamond).  

I received my mother's wedding set and several rings from my aunt and I wear them frequently.   Even when I am working at home.  I like to remember the times I saw those rings on the original owners.  

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Respected Contributor

Pretty manicure and color!