Respected Contributor

Today is National Love your skin day

National Love Your Skin Day is celebrated on July 8. The holiday, introduced by cosmetics company ‘Dermastart,’ aims to get the public interested in building up a skincare routine. The skin is exposed to wear and tear every day, U.V. rays and harsh elements try to strip away its protective layers. The effects of this erosion don’t show immediately, but they build up over time. Small things like moisturizing, using sunscreen, and drinking lots of water go a long way in keeping your skin looking radiant and healthy. Skincare doesn’t have to be a complex, expensive routine.

So what did you purchase for skin care today ?  I'm still searching but I have so many different products now  including PTR, Lancer, Olay, Elemis and even Neutrogena.  @ 71 I get a lot of comments about my skni. I wash my face twice a day, retinol and moisterizer. I also use Philosophy Microdelivery face wash and pads.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Today is National Love your skin day

I bought a red light therapy mask. Hoping to see some improvement in slightly sagging skin. I'm 67...not expecting any miracles but just a bit of refreshing.

Respected Contributor

I didn't know it was that day. I love my skin everyday and treat it special everyday. I have many products already and won't feel moved to purchase today.

Skin care is important to me.

Valued Contributor

My favorite face wash by Signature Club A, a foaming cleanser, was discontinued so I only use my last one occasionally. I have at least 5 other facial cleansers that are okay, but I won't purchase again when they are finished. So today I've taken a chance on this one by Burt's Bees. Anyone here ever tried this? It should be here by tomorrow (Prime shipping).

Burt's Bees Refreshing Foaming Face Cleanser #1

Valued Contributor

@SilleeMee  Whether you see a positive change or not from your red light therapy, I hope you'll share that here.  Sounds intriguing!

Esteemed Contributor

Wow. If I would've known, I would've celebrated! I was a sunbunny in my younger years. I now take good care of my skin all over my body, not just my face. We have to wear our skin all our lives so we need to treat it with great care.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

Whoa! Didn't know that. All skin care on Q should be 50% off and free shipping. Lol

Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes 

Well I had no idea there was a national day to love your skin.  I love my skin every day but on National Love Your Skin Day I purchased the same thing as @SilleeMee.  CurrentBody's Red Light Therapy Mask.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@monicakm 

My mask is coming tomorrow! Wow! that was fast, especially coming all the way from London!Smiley Surprised

happy dance.gif

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee 

I ordered mine the next day so maybe I'll have it on Tues.

I'll let you know when I look 30 Smiley Happy