Contributor

I'm so proud of you! I don't have the guts to do it.

Occasional Contributor
Respected Contributor

I cut and color my own hair and I have done it for yearsI cut and color my own hair and I have done it for  about 25  years....On my hair it’s actually pretty easy. I don’t trust anyone else with my hair. Hairstyles always want to cut it short I don’t like it short.

Respected Contributor

I have difficult hair, it’s wavy-curly, coarse and heavy.  I cut it myself because pros never understand my wavy hair, and if I do get a haircut I like, they can never repeat it!

Even though Ive had some failures, I will probably never stop cutting it myself because I’m the only one who understands it!  I will be an expert by the time I’m 80, so no problem!  😂😂😂

Honored Contributor

@blackhole99 -

My daughter said the same thing the other day!Almost the exact words-"You can do pretty much anything by watching youtube videos."

I was totally amazed when after watching a youtube how to, she fixed my shower faucet that would not work anymore-took the whole thing apart and fixed the problem!

Then, next, she drilled a new hole for the front door, went out and bought the correct door knob and lock and put it in-done!

This after a man she called from a neighborhood recommendation charged $30 to tell her he couldn't fix it because it needed a new hole and lock.

Who needs a plumber or handyman?!

We'll just call on superkids lol! 

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

@blackhole99 -

My daughter said the same thing the other day!Almost the exact words-"You can do pretty much anything by watching youtube videos."

I was totally amazed when after watching a youtube how to, she fixed my shower faucet that would not work anymore-took the whole thing apart and fixed the problem!

Then, next, she drilled a new hole for the front door, went out and bought the correct door knob and lock and put it in-done!

This after a man she called from a neighborhood recommendation charged $30 to tell her he couldn't fix it because it needed a new hole and lock.

Who needs a plumber or handyman?!

We'll just call on superkids lol! 

@on the bay  Is your daughter a millennial? 

Honored Contributor

@blackhole99 -

Yes she is! Your son too?Woman LOL

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

@blackhole99 -

Yes she is! Your son too?Woman LOL

@on the bayYep, they march to their own drummer.

Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

I do that too! I hate going and hate getting disappointed. One day I just watched and thought, I could do that!

And I must say, my cuts have come out better then when I've gone to any salon, expensive or cheap.(If I do say so myself!) And I get compliments.

I try different things.

I've watched videos and also my neighbor who used to be a hairdresser said you can do this for a simple and quick result-

put hair in a ponytail-turn head upside down and cut the ends of the ponytail.

You gotta be careful with the pony tail cut. The placement of the rubber band is important.  It's not as easy as it sounds.