Respected Contributor

Here is a walk down memory lane ... my hair being fine .. it will

not hold electric rollers .. if you can still buy them .... a curling

iron just doesnt seem to do anything ... so I dry my hair and

put brush rollers in it for about 20 minutes ... comes out just

the way I like it  !!!!

Don't tell anybody !!!  Just Kidding .....

Honored Contributor

@Grouchomarx wrote:

And it came out good! I watched a few YouTube videos for technique ideas. I am so happy I saved myself the stress (I hate getting it cut, I’d rather visit the dentist) and about $100. Who knew it was so easy

Good for you!

Esteemed Contributor

Have any of you tried the gizmo that looks sort of like a big hair clip?  You clip it into your hair and use it like a template to cut your own hair.

Trusted Contributor

I would love to cut my own hair.  I have a short pixie do, and the thought of trying to cut out over the ears while wearing my glasses....oh dear, I don't think I possess those skills.  I'm envious of you who can cut your own hair.  Wow.  You rock!!!

Honored Contributor

@GrouchomarxYeah -  do what works.  You must have 2 things I don't -   one would be forgiving hair because I've had very few professionals even who cut my hair well.  My current stylistis worth every dollar I spend.

And the other thing you have that I don't is good eyesight and eye-hand co-ordination.  I can't even handwrite a decent letter nowadays.  Hate it.

Honored Contributor

@Grouchomarx wrote:

And it came out good! I watched a few YouTube videos for technique ideas. I am so happy I saved myself the stress (I hate getting it cut, I’d rather visit the dentist) and about $100. Who knew it was so easy

@Grouchomarx  good for you, I would never attempt to cut my own hair, I can't even color my own hair!

Honored Contributor

My son has started cutting his own hair, he wears a fade on the sides and back and longer on top. I was so surprised he could do this just from watching a you tube video. My son believes if you can read and watch you tube you can learn to do anything.

Trusted Contributor

@Grouchomarx wrote:

@on the bay wrote:

I do that too! I hate going and hate getting disappointed. One day I just watched and thought, I could do that!

And I must say, my cuts have come out better then when I've gone to any salon, expensive or cheap.(If I do say so myself!) And I get compliments.

I try different things.

I've watched videos and also my neighbor who used to be a hairdresser said you can do this for a simple and quick result-

put hair in a ponytail-turn head upside down and cut the ends of the ponytail.

I totally agree, I’m always disappointed by the mediocre job they do. Tired of wasting all that money to look so so. I’ve tried so many stylists and must have a curse on me they all stink and they cost so much. 

I feel exactly the same way.  So many, many, many stylists, always expecting a different outcome, but never getting ONE.  In every case cut/styling/blowout nothing more than an expensive BLAH.  Been cutting my own hair for over 10  years.

Honored Contributor

Re: Today I cut my own hair

[ Edited ]

I cut my bangs and top but never attempted the whole head although it can't be that difficult.  I always watch my hair stylist does when she cuts my hair.

Glad it worked out for you!

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Big Joanie     Some medication can definitely affect the hair.  I was losing hair on one medication but I had to take it.  It finally stopped so normally it is not forever.

kindness is strength