Contributor

Beauties,

i have a question regarding primers.

If you use a primer after moisturizers and before your make up, are you robbing your skin of the ingredients in the BB or CC cream? Do they still absorb into your skin or does the primer block them?

Thanks

Pat

Valued Contributor

Re: To prime or not to prime?

I use moisturizer and then a primer (DHC Skincare). I have noticed that the BB cream or concealer I use applies much better using a primer. For me it enhances the products, maybe because my skin is getting drier.

Contributor

I am over 50 so primer is a MUST.

Super Contributor

Love primer..Favorite is Skinn Orchid Gel which works awesome for my combination skin. I like it much more than Laura Gellar Spackle and BareEscentuals Prime Time.
Respected Contributor

I put on my skin care serums, then SPF, then Skindinavia primer spray. Love it.
Contributor

i don't prime, cuz i lost the small tube that i had, and i just don't like the extra step.

Super Contributor

Every time I prime I end up with my makeup balling up. What am I doing wrong? Too much prime or BB or not enough?

Respected Contributor

I don't think that any skin care/foundation can put up that much of a barrier that other product benefits' can't penetrate it. For instance, I can't use product under a foundation that breaks me out & have it prevent break outs. That said, I have never found a primer that does anything for my skin or makeup look/wear.

Respected Contributor

On 8/11/2014 patmo said:

i have a question regarding primers.

If you use a primer after moisturizers and before your make up, are you robbing your skin of the ingredients in the BB or CC cream? Do they still absorb into your skin or does the primer block them?

I just can't seriously consider the minute amount of skincare in a BB or CC worth being concerned about if you like the benefits of a primer.

Super Contributor

On 8/11/2014 Kind1too said:

Every time I prime I end up with my makeup balling up. What am I doing wrong? Too much prime or BB or not enough?

Here is a Wayne Goss video about compatible foundations and primers - its pretty good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEXLvF-UsNk