Esteemed Contributor

I just purchased a 16 oz bottle of shampoo/conditioner and will be trying it for the first time. The only reason being is that I want to see if it truly holds my salon color longer. Any tips for a first time Wen user? TIA

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

Come over to the Wen forum, which is in the drop down menu under " my favorite brand". 

Advice? Use enough cleansing conditioner, once you distribute it add a few splashes of water and then massage in, if your hair is long a wide tooth comb is good for making sure you get all the way down to the roots. Cleanse twice. The first one removes most of the dirt and oils from your hair and the second time is like the conditioning step but also allows residual dirt to be removed. Rinse really well. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Esteemed Contributor

@jaxs mom Do you add a small pump as a leave in conditioner?

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Contributor

Suggest doing first cleanse as the first thing you do in the shower, immediately followed by second cleanse without rinsing.   Do whatever else you need to do while you have the second cleanse in your hair to maximize conditioning/treatment benefits and then rinse at the end of your shower

Honored Contributor

@pattypeep wrote:

Well I use the mousse and styling creme and often the texturizing spray, i don't usually use leave in on top of all the styling products. My hair isn't dry though. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Esteemed Contributor

Re: To The Wen Users

[ Edited ]

@pattypeep, I use a very generous amount of WEN leave in, and in winter I add oil to that, followed by styling cream and mousse.
My hair is thirsty for all that. Everyone's hair is different.  

Respected Contributor

I think Chaz is pulling a fast one over on us. His product is no better than Suave. I don't believe a word the man says charging outlandish prices for conditioner. 

Trusted Contributor

@Reever wrote:

I think Chaz is pulling a fast one over on us. His product is no better than Suave. I don't believe a word the man says charging outlandish prices for conditioner. 

Hmm. I could have sworn the OP asked for advice on using WEN.  🤔🙄

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I recommend the matrix cleansing conditioners. A little cheaper  also.  Nothing wrong with wen. I personally have a sensitivity to some formulas.  I tried every CC  pretty much  and I love Matrix and Hair Food.  Pantene cowash is good too. Its sold in the afro american hair care area but good for all hair types

Respected Contributor

@pattypeep wrote:

Yes you can.