Super Contributor

To The Ladies Who Recommended The Beauty Blender Sponge

I ordered one and received it at the end of the week, but didn't get to use it until today. OMG, I am totally amazed at the finish and blending of this little sponge. Wow! Left a beautiful finish, which made my blush and setting powder look so much better. Thank you for the recommendation or else I probably never would have tried this.
Respected Contributor

Re: To The Ladies Who Recommended The Beauty Blender Sponge

They're a wonderful little invention. Some swear that the BB is superior to the knock-offs.

I'm not sure if I agree after using both. I purchased a Sephora brand of the same type and will let you know. The others I've tried were from eBay, and I thought they performed just fine.

I know Wayne Goss, who is a beauty guru and does a lot of blogging and you tubes believes there's no difference between the original BB and the others, but opinions always vary.

Enjoy your genuine BB though. I think everyone should experience the real thing first!

Respected Contributor

Wanted to add, I'm glad you love it and the only reason I mentioned knock-offs is because once you're hooked you will use it all the time. You BB should last quite a while.. just keep it clean.. replacing them can get expensive over time.. and if you ever decide you want to try a knock-off you can.. or not.

I really do think it's best to experience the true Beauty Blender sponge first. So many say it's much better than the others and you may find it true as well if you ever buy a knock off down the road.

Does that even make sense? LOL..

The sun is out.. So I'm out too!!!!

Occasional Contributor

The only dupe that I find to be comparable is the only they sell at Marshall's. The target one is too hard.

It comes in blue, green and purple for $5.

Trusted Contributor

I have got to get one of these! It's been on my "to buy" list for a while.

ETA: I shop at Marshall's a lot, so thanks for the recommendation, babyac!Smile

Super Contributor

On 5/26/2014 Funloving said:

Wanted to add, I'm glad you love it and the only reason I mentioned knock-offs is because once you're hooked you will use it all the time. You BB should last quite a while.. just keep it clean.. replacing them can get expensive over time.. and if you ever decide you want to try a knock-off you can.. or not.

I really do think it's best to experience the true Beauty Blender sponge first. So many say it's much better than the others and you may find it true as well if you ever buy a knock off down the road.

Does that even make sense? LOL..

The sun is out.. So I'm out too!!!!

Thank you so much for the information. I hope the Sephora sponge gives you good results. I'm sure over time I will be on the lookout for other sponges to compare. I live in rural SW Oklahoma with no shopping so I can't run out and get things like others who live in larger areas, but when I do get the chance I have "a list" and sponges will be added to it. Enjoy the sun and the rest of your Memorial Day!
Trusted Contributor

It been around for several years. I used it when it first came out and though it did a nice job, it also soaked up my foundation. I spend a lot of money on my foundation and don't want to waste it. I much prefer a foundation brush.

Honored Contributor

I keep reading good reviews on this. I have seen it at Sephora & came close to getting it a couple times. It is going to find its way home with me one of these days!

Super Contributor

She's a little beauty!

Beauty blogger and YTer who loves it all! Cheers, Lulu Bea aka Lulu On Beauty - Let's be FACEBOOK beauty friends!