Respected Contributor

To Lighten Things Up- Shades of Your Past & Present

Eyeshadow shades-  Which do you love after many years and/or newer shades that are on your "must have" list ?

I know many love their palettes as do I-- but as individual shadows mine are:

Stila Kitten

Chanel Vega

Bobbi Brown  Mink

"         "          Taupe

"         "          Heather Mauve

Urban Decay Flash (much prettier on eye than in pan)

I have other faves, especially in UD & Too Faced.  Just didn't want to get too carried away... lol.

YOU?? Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

Re: To Lighten Things Up- Shades of Your Past & Present

Boy!  My shades are really different.  I wear a lot of color in my clothing and usually one patterened item, so I usually don't add a lot of color to my eyes although I do wear full eye makeup.

Years ago I wore Cover Girl Ballet Pink-a violet pink, good as a bright lightning neutral and worked on my deep set eyes.

Also: Revlon quad in Browns

Loreal quad in pinks and med tone violets.

All of those worked for me apparently because I got constant compliments and everyone wanted to know what I wore.

I transitioned to a dark shaded eye with a smokey influence and love a quad by Loreal in grey taupe called "Siren".

Everyone loves and wants this one and it's hard to get unless it's just been restocked.  I buy four at a time it's so good!

Respected Contributor

I never want to be without MAC Phloof.
Honored Contributor

MAC Phloof ?    Is that a product or a color?

Trusted Contributor

I wear natural, nude, flesh, baggy------tedEbear

Honored Contributor

When I was young and my eyes were brown, I only wore shades of brown and amythest type shadows. At my age now my eyes have lightened to a hazel shade and I wear taupe, plum and copper shadows.

Respected Contributor

I love BB Heather Mauve @Funloving. I wore it on my wedding day. Smiley Wink I used to wear more vanilla/pale shades, which was more appropriate when I was younger, but now I like a medium eye and light lip, with some color on the cheek. I prefer taupe/bronze/grey-lilac shades. They look great with my eyes. 

Valued Contributor

To lighten up my eyes, I like Stila Kitten also. I also use Stila Puppy to blend out most crease shades. I need to find a dupe for that one of these days, I think it's discontinued.

I also use an old Laura Geller Tiramisu to lighten up, too. I need to find a new one to replace that, too.

Respected Contributor

@FUTURE wrote:

I love BB Heather Mauve @Funloving. I wore it on my wedding day. Smiley Wink I used to wear more vanilla/pale shades, which was more appropriate when I was younger, but now I like a medium eye and light lip, with some color on the cheek. I prefer taupe/bronze/grey-lilac shades. They look great with my eyes. 

Hi @FUTURE

Boy, that all sounds familiar.  I wear a more medium eye now, too.  I use Heather Mauve for the inner corner and/or as a finishing touch dabbed in the middle of  the lid a-top a darker shadow for a little pop.   Sounds like we wear a very similar eye.    Even the mid-tone violet  "Flash" looks much more muted once I've blended it out.  I'll use a  bit darker bronzey brown or brown in the outer V and blended into the bottom lash line. Bobbi Brown's "Cognac" which I didn't list is a great bronzed brown for that purpose.  Chanel's "Vega" is very much a greyish taupey cool brown- a complex shade good for the entire base of the lid-  An oldie but goodie. 

Respected Contributor

@Funloving wrote:

@FUTURE wrote:

Hi @FUTURE

Boy, that all sounds familiar.  I wear a more medium eye now, too.  I use Heather Mauve for the inner corner and/or as a finishing touch dabbed in the middle of  the lid a-top a darker shadow for a little pop.   Sounds like we wear a very similar eye.    Even the mid-tone violet  "Flash" looks much more muted once I've blended it out.  I'll use a  bit darker bronzey brown or brown in the outer V and blended into the bottom lash line. Bobbi Brown's "Cognac" which I didn't list is a great bronzed brown for that purpose.  Chanel's "Vega" is very much a greyish taupey cool brown- a complex shade good for the entire base of the lid-  An oldie but goodie. 

Sounds like we are eye MU twins @Funloving!! Lol! Smiley Wink