Esteemed Contributor

Re: Tired of all the Beauty Results Promises

Ya Porcelain you are right, but I'm afraid with my thinning hair bangs would be too thin! I'm sticking with looking hip and modern and the heck with those wrinkles. Sorry to depress everyone with this thread, but let's just age gracefully and be strong and happy women.
Frequent Contributor

I am of the mind that you need to take care of the skin you have - there are some products out there that will help smooth the appearance of the skin (AHAs for example) and some products that have been scientifically proven to slow down the formation of new wrinkles (retinoids for example), and protecting what you already have to stop more aging (sunscreen), but for those wrinkles that are already there, the only thing that can be done is softening them. There is nothing on the market that will make them go away except temporarily with repeated injections like Restalyne and Botox.

Those wrinkles are part of who we are, and I say take care of those old friends.

Honored Contributor

On 6/24/2014 Love2Laugh said:

I am of the mind that you need to take care of the skin you have - there are some products out there that will help smooth the appearance of the skin (AHAs for example) and some products that have been scientifically proven to slow down the formation of new wrinkles (retinoids for example), and protecting what you already have to stop more aging (sunscreen), but for those wrinkles that are already there, the only thing that can be done is softening them. There is nothing on the market that will make them go away except temporarily with repeated injections like Restalyne and Botox.

Those wrinkles are part of who we are, and I say take care of those old friends.

I like the way you think, Love2Laugh. And you're an excellent writer. Smile

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Occasional Contributor

the best thing I can recommend is goat milk soap for body and face. look up the benefits I am 46 with no wrinkles yet.

Honored Contributor

When gravity starts to take it's toll all the skin care products in the world won't make you look younger again. Be healthy and keep your skin clean and moisturized, that's what I try to do.

Respected Contributor

The facial toner thing that is on now on Tuesday night beauty, did anyone notice that disclaimer is in a lighter color and I can't make out what it says at all.

And another thing why are all of the faces in the before pictures wider than in the after pictures? Did the person lose weight in the face jut by using the products?

Just Saying

Don't worry, be Happy!
Esteemed Contributor

Sunscreen by day, retin-a by night.

Frequent Contributor

On 6/24/2014 suzyQ3 said:
On 6/24/2014 Love2Laugh said:

I like the way you think, Love2Laugh. And you're an excellent writer. Smile

Aw, thank you, SuzyQ. You're very kind. I have always admired and respected your opinion on these boards. You are very knowledgeable, and a genuinely kind person.

Super Contributor

IMHO we all know that all beauty companies are out to make a buck. We are all intelligent enough to know that we should look into ingredients and not take everything at face value. I have never read a PC review or even makeup alley. I go by what I have tried, what many of you ladies have tried, what friends and family have tried and I use my brain to cypher through all the rest. I know that there is no magic bullet. I also know that gene's do have a play in it. Some mothers have used Ponds all their life and have great skin. My mother has used EL and Clinique creams her whole life and didn't wear much mu at all. Her skin is soft but she has a ton of wrinkles and jowls. A lot of it is genetic. I have used many brands but when they don't work I move on. I am also fairly conservative. I am currently using products that I have seen some very good outcome with. They aren't the most expensive, I don't know what PC says but I know they sent burn cream to the soldiers and other military people with skin issues. They have good reviews and great customer service. Those are some of the things important to me.

Super Contributor

On 6/24/2014 golfcartrider said:

The facial toner thing that is on now on Tuesday night beauty, did anyone notice that disclaimer is in a lighter color and I can't make out what it says at all.

And another thing why are all of the faces in the before pictures wider than in the after pictures? Did the person lose weight in the face jut by using the products?

Just Saying

What amuses me is when the before pic clearly looks better than the after pic!