Honored Contributor

Re: Tired of all the Beauty Results Promises

While I have never heard anyone claim that their products will eliminate wrinkles altogether, I've also been lucky to have found products that have considerably reduced the appearance of wrinkles for me including the facemaster and serious skin care EGG. Yes I still have some wrinkles but the crepiness around my eyes, neck and decollate is now gone. Injectables and unnecessary surgery would never be an option for me just to look less wrinkled. It's usually always quite obvious when anyone uses these or has surgery but while they may look good they don't really look like themselves anymore and usually everyone can tell. I just want to look and feel my best and would never give up and not care as I have also seen women who actually look older than they need to because they gave up and have just "accepted it" - but that's their choice.

Super Contributor

On 6/24/2014 just bee said:

We can eat right, exercise, invest in lotions and potions, and take a daily multivitamin religiously and the end result will still be...

Rigor mortis.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Honored Contributor

Gawd, I'm so depressed. {#emotions_dlg.scared}

But seriously, one thing I've noticed since participating so often on this particular forum is that I can easily start obsessing about every little sign of aging or every little imperfection.

The people around me who matter to me don't give a you-know-what about that new line or wrinkle or discoloration or whatever.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

On 6/24/2014 Katluvr58 said:
On 6/24/2014 MarenSeattle said:

I'm of the same age/era, MFitz, and have come to the realization that there's only so much topical products can achieve.

In addition to our sun damage, we've been making facial expressions all our lives and that results in the deep WRINKLES. Plus, our skin is sagging and has lost fat. Those are issues topicals can't address to the extent we'd like.

I've pretty much gotten rid of the lines from sun exposure, but the wrinkles and sag will require different action. It depends on how much these bother you whether or not injections and or surgery are worth it to you.

I've been saying I think my SKIN could give a 40 year old's a run for the money, but step back and get the whole picture of the embedded wrinkles, the sag, the jowls/turkey neck, and there's no question that I'm in my 60's.

So in my mind, two different issues (broadly), two different approaches. The stuff we buy from cosmetics companies can only do so much. And many of the Before and Afters are shown on much younger subjects.

I couldn't agree more with Harpa and the Vitamin A and Vitamin C. I'm on the hunt for a Retinol (Vitamin A) now.

And, my BIG deal, SUNBLOCK. Every day, rain or shine, indoors or outdoors. I'm extreme, I know. :-)

I can help with that!!!

Haha! I wouldn't make a move without your guidance, Katluvr! I'm debating between ASDM's (shocker!) and NCN. Leaning more toward NCN because I'm getting too many creams/lotions piling up, and I think I'd prefer a serum like NCN's. But we'll discuss before I click a Buy Now button! :-)

Super Contributor

On 6/24/2014 suzyQ3 said:

Gawd, I'm so depressed. {#emotions_dlg.scared}

But seriously, one thing I've noticed since participating so often on this particular forum is that I can easily start obsessing about every little sign of aging or every little imperfection.

The people around me who matter to me don't give a you-know-what about that new line or wrinkle or discoloration or whatever.

I realized I look at my family and lifelong friends and seem to see them as they WERE -- kind of looking past the outside. Hard to describe, but I can look at them and say "you look just the same" -- and to me they do! Looking at their soul. :-)

And others I know don't pay attention to my new lines, wrinkles and sags -- they're looking at their own!

I just don't like FEELING like I'm still eighteen, then look in the mirror and see an aged woman. It makes me sad.

Respected Contributor

On 6/24/2014 Southern Fried Chick said:
On 6/24/2014 just bee said:

We can eat right, exercise, invest in lotions and potions, and take a daily multivitamin religiously and the end result will still be...

<em>Rigor mortis.</em>

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

And they'll be saying as they look down into (God willing) my casket and say" Darn right she's lookin' good!

Respected Contributor

Like you Mfitz I am tired of all the 'miracles' also...I think Philosophy is the worst offender. All the claims they make and yet all the hosts and vendors continue to age just like the rest of us. If they truly did what they claim the price would be through the roof. I think what causes aging is changes in bone structure and loss of fat and gravity. Skin in part just reacts to that.

Super Contributor

my mom makes it a point of asking the ladies who live at the nursing home that she works at how they keep their skin so nice. Almost all of them say oil of olay. If my skin would tolerate it, i'd use it.

My dad had good health/beauty advice: Stay out of the sun, don't smoke, watch your weight, and wear your seatbelt, and remember, someone always has it worse than you, so count your blessings.

Frequent Contributor

On 6/24/2014 lovestoteach said:

I feel lucky... I have stuff that WORKS... not overnight so much, but with consistent, continued use.

Would you care to share with everyone what is working for you? Please?

CeeCee

Honored Contributor

It's great that your wrinkles are mostly on your forehead. That's why God invented bangs!

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr