Regular Contributor

Re: Tired Of Trying To Find Cleanser, Please Advise!

On 6/8/2014 debcakes said:

I use a microfiber face cloth and absolutely no cleanser. Perhaps this would be good for you since you seem to have many allergies/sensitivities. Mine are from Norwex, but I am sure that any good ones would work.

Yes, I have a lot from the Q and they're very nice and soft 12"X12". I use them when I have to remove mineral oil, Albolene, etc. If I don't use much Emu at night, then I will use these with just water in the morning. I just don't feel clean for some reason, so hoping one of these new cleansers work. I would be happy with just one, forever, lol!

Regular Contributor

On 6/8/2014 tigriss said:
On 6/8/2014 naleiarenee said:

Hi Twins, Good for you that you're not giving up !

How does your skin react to coconut ? If you're not allergic.... 100% pure cold pressed , organic ,and unfiltered coconut oil makes a good cleanser. It's very moisturizing + anti fungal + full of antioxidants + won't change the pH balance of your skin.

But does it clog pores?

I just went to MakeUp Alley, and many there said it broke them out so can't be used on face. Most use it for body and hair only. Also to eat and use instead of oils and butter. Even on popcorn! I would use it on one small place to see what happens.

Honored Contributor

On 6/8/2014 Twins said:

How does your skin react to coconut ? If you're not allergic.... 100% pure cold pressed , organic ,and unfiltered coconut oil makes a good cleanser. It's very moisturizing + anti fungal + full of antioxidants + won't change the pH balance of your skin.

But does it clog pores?

I just went to MakeUp Alley, and many there said it broke them out so can't be used on face. Most use it for body and hair only. Also to eat and use instead of oils and butter. Even on popcorn! I would use it on one small place to see what happens.

Twins, on all the comedogenic charts I've seen, coconut oil rates quite high.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Regular Contributor

On 6/8/2014 suzyQ3 said:
On 6/8/2014 Twins said:

But does it clog pores?

Twins, on all the comedogenic charts I've seen, coconut oil rates quite high.

Uh Oh, thanks for letting me know, and think I'll pass on this one!!!

Regular Contributor

On 6/7/2014 tigriss said:

That jojoba oil sounds simple, moisturizing and easy to find. One ingredient to deal with, nothing more.

I'm sorry and didn't mean to ignore you. I tried Jojoba oil about a year ago and got an awful rash! I just looked it up and it's derived from a plant. So what else is new? LOL!

Honored Contributor

Because of eye problems, my Dr has me use "Johnson's Baby Shampoo". So I use this all over my face. Seems to do well.

"Purity" is still my favorite.

Frequent Contributor

I love coconut oil for everything from cooking to cleansing and have never had a problem. We make sure to rinse thoroughly with steamy water and a soft cloth in my household. I realize this is my personal experience and not everything works for everyone. The makeup alley reviews are for OCM in general with a variety of oils, including coconut oil.

Twins , even if you don't try coconut oil ( no offense taken,lol), I still think that you should give the Oil Cleansing Method a try ! I kno that you cannot use nut oils, but Apricot Kernel Oil as well as Grape Seed Oil are also Fab oils for the OCM.

Super Contributor

Twins, have you tried Alpha Hydrox foaming face wash? Can get it at Ulta.

Honored Contributor

On 6/8/2014 debcakes said:

I use a microfiber face cloth and absolutely no cleanser. Perhaps this would be good for you since you seem to have many allergies/sensitivities. Mine are from Norwex, but I am sure that any good ones would work.

I recently started doing the same thing. It's great not putting anything on your face isn't it?! Although I admit I run over with a cotton ball with some toner but the cotton ball always comes away clean.
Regular Contributor

On 6/8/2014 Pianomama said:

Twins, have you tried Alpha Hydrox foaming face wash? Can get it at Ulta.

Hi, and my daughter uses this, but has skin that is prone to breaking out. Mine is just the opposite. I tried hers and ended up so very dry that it actually hurt! I have really come to a conclusion that sudsing cleansers just aren't good for sensitive/allerrgic skin. I think you have to be either combo or somewhat oily in order to use this. JMO