Super Contributor

Re: Tired Of Trying To Find Cleanser, Please Advise!

On 6/8/2014 suzyQ3 said:
On 6/8/2014 peace6576 said:

If you haven't tried Paula's Choice I would definitely give it a shot. I know your term said to avoid "too many ingredients" but my very sensitive skin reacts very well to her cleansers. They are all formulated with non-irritating ingredients and many contain soothing agents. I've tried several and they all are gentle. You can order samples online or even call customer service and they will usually send you free samples to try out.

ITA. And as for the number of ingredients, I would think that the quality and nature of the ingredients is more important.

I used one of the cleansers with few ingredients that are often touted as being gentle and developed quite a rash from it.

I used one of Paulas Choice cleansers and it broke me out on cystic acne... however if you do get something from Paulas Choice do make sure one of the ladies here send you a link for their referral code...

Super Contributor

On 6/8/2014 hyacinth003 said:
On 6/7/2014 motherinlaw said:

Thank You, croemer, for your input. I look forward to receiving my first shipment of Tatcha and seeing what the buzz is all about! Happy to learn that you enjoy yours. Smiley Happy

I am going through a similar issue with cleansers. They ALL seem to leave me feeling dry and sensitive.

I have the Tatcha. It feels like a dream going on and massaging it into skin. It feels like you're getting a spa treatment!

Strangely, it also leaves me feeling DRY!

OP, how about one of the oil cleansers, like Tatcha, Josie Maran, etc.?

The mildest one I have found for me is Isomers (SHOP HQ) Vitamin C Stem Cell Mineral Cleanser. Not the greatest for makeup removal, but good otherwise. Doesn't leave me dry.

Hyacinth

Hyacinth

The Isomers one didn't work for me either... just like you said it didn't remove my makeup... if you were to use that one, you need to use something before to get off the makeup first..

Contributor

Hi,

Go to http://www.yvesrocherusa.com

They have cleansers, toners, etc for sensitive skin. Their products are the only cleansers, etc. that I use. Everything they make is botanical and natural.

Honored Contributor

twins mom, you seem to be obsessed with something that you have been told repeatedly didn't even occur here, that can't occur through posting a link.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

what I am confused about is why some keep recommending botanical and extract ""natural"" based products when the OP has said on MULTIPLE occasions she can't do ""botanical"" or ""natural"" due to the plant extracts/oils.

Honored Contributor

On 6/8/2014 hyacinth003 said:
On 6/7/2014 motherinlaw said:

Thank You, croemer, for your input. I look forward to receiving my first shipment of Tatcha and seeing what the buzz is all about! Happy to learn that you enjoy yours. Smiley Happy

I am going through a similar issue with cleansers. They ALL seem to leave me feeling dry and sensitive.

I have the Tatcha. It feels like a dream going on and massaging it into skin. It feels like you're getting a spa treatment!

Strangely, it also leaves me feeling DRY!

OP, how about one of the oil cleansers, like Tatcha, Josie Maran, etc.?

The mildest one I have found for me is Isomers (SHOP HQ) Vitamin C Stem Cell Mineral Cleanser. Not the greatest for makeup removal, but good otherwise. Doesn't leave me dry.

Hyacinth

Hyacinth

Tachta's cleansing oil left me dry as well- come to find out, it contains alcohol- the drying kind of alcohol, not the good kind. That may explain why it is drying.

Respected Contributor

People don't read the whole thread, just the opening comments.

Honored Contributor

On 6/8/2014 tigriss said:

People don't read the whole thread, just the opening comments.

True but even in her OP she says specifically:

"I can't use ANY natural products because of plant extracts and botanicals"

She also said she can't use Purity yet some recommended those, lol. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Valued Contributor

Ponds new cleansers! LOVE them!!!

Regular Contributor

Hi everyone! I had this all written out and then it disappeared! Hate that, lol. I can't use any Neutrogena, Paula's, Aveeno, CeraVe, etc. But I might try the DDF, but the oil-free is questionable, the Boot's Balm, if not too natural, Toleriane (sounds good), and does anyone have the ingredients for Trader Joe's? If too long, then please don't bother. I can't use nut by-products like Shea and Argan.

All of you have been so wonderful trying to help me, and I thank you so very, very much for taking your time. There's just got to be something out there. It's not just sensitive skin that I'm dealing with, but the allergies, and not knowing what they are is very difficult in finding something that works. I can't tell you how many times I've been to the ER for food allergies! Just crazy times. I tried to get healthier by buying a juicer, only used three foods that I eat all the time, apples, carrots, and celery. I got organic and scrubbed them good, drank one glass, and it tasted wonderful. While hubby was drinking his, my scalp itched, then hundreds of hives all over face, neck and back within a 15 min. period of time! Hubby rushed me to the ER in my robe and slippers, lol, and they gave me Benadryl and Prednisone. Kept an eye on me for an hour. Diagnosed, severe allergy and not to eat these three anymore, but I can because I don't eat 6 at a time like you would in a juicer. I packed it up and back it went to the store the next day! I told the nurses, on the way out of the ER, I'll just forget about healthy and eat cra*py, and feel good, lolol!!!

Thanks for reading, and for helping, and I'll post when and if I find something. You've all been wonderful, and I'm glad to be back here again. I love my poetry, but it can take a lot out of you when posting and reviewing constantly. I love you women here, and you've always been so kind and thoughful, so please know how much I appreciate all of you!!!